How many miles do you have on your 6.0 liter motor?

Ive got 65000 on my 05 and yes I just recieved the cold knock about 10k miles ago. It sounds more like an exhaust leak putter than a knock. I bought this truck used; it was a dealers personal use vehicle for a year and before that it was a GM pool vehicle. In other words who knows what the hell it has been doing for the 2 years before me.

It runs awesome. Highway power is fantastic ( at a fuel cost) 13mpg on a gooooooood day. This is my second 6.0. I had a 99 2500 ext 4x4 and sold it with 130k, again sweet small block.

• 1 month later...

hay there all, well I have a 2000 Chev silverado 2500 reg cab. I have 220,000km and so far fuel pump last week, pluges and wires, knocks good when cold, slight smell burning oil when starting up. gas mpg not sure but is not to bad, 300km will use around 1/4 tank. No problems with tranny, good and strong. Current isues power steering leak at the steering shaft, and water pump leaking from the back of housing, can't fix them right now as i have been laid off for a while and no extra cash.

hay there all, well I have a 2000 Chev silverado 2500 reg cab. I have 220,000km and so far fuel pump last week, pluges and wires, knocks good when cold, slight smell burning oil when starting up. gas mpg not sure but is not to bad, 300km will use around 1/4 tank. No problems with tranny, good and strong. Current isues power steering leak at the steering shaft, and water pump leaking from the back of housing, can't fix them right now as i have been laid off for a while and no extra cash.

that quit high...in a good way a very good way...

• 3 weeks later...

150,000 on my 2000 Silverado, runs ok but seems terribly underpowered and lots of misc noises. Both exhaust manifolds are rusted and leak, CPS has gone out twice, other minor issues. It gets the oil changed around 5000 and uses about a quart between changes. All in all the 6.0L I have now is a terrible motor, but it will still get 15mpg unloaded on the highway, 8-10 when towing a 20' enclosed haulmark trailer. The 5.3L in my 1500 sierra has tons more power and I've had no issues with that at all with over 160k on it, it uses no oil between changes but the mileage is starting to suffer. I used to own a 1999 Silverado 2500 with the 6.0L in it that ran great, I was real happy with it. But at 115k miles it used a quart of oil every 1000 miles when towing, but otherwise only a quart between changes when not towing.

My 02 HD crew cab has 68,000 miles on it. Just bought it in Jan. and so far im happy with the truck.

My sister has a 03 SS with the 6.0 in it and she has 435,000 miles on the original engine. She took the truck into a chevrolet dealership in Texas last fall and asked them to replace the oil pump because the oil pressure was running a little low. They refused to work on the truck because of liability issues. She had an independent shop replace the pump and its still running fine today.

I've got a pretty good old truck with 185K, 2001 2500HD, uses 1/2 quart of oil between changes every 3K with plain ole Quaker State 10W-30. The rare NV4500 cast iron 5-speed, reg cab, long bed. So far it's needed 3 slave cylinders, one Brake master cylinder (my fault). Changed the brakes out at 14? K but they had plenty of pad left. Power steering barely starting to groan a little. Still runs VERY strong despite the life it's had. Change the plugs every 30K with NGK TR-55's. I love it and I'll just swap in an LQ9 and 6-spd when/if the 6.0 dies. Original water pump, clutch, and I just replaced the alternator with a 250amp unit but the 105amp OE unit was fine

There's a GM TSB related to the knocking, it takes very little mechanical know how.It darn sure eliminated the loud knocking I had

Edited by 2500hdee

I was just curious as to how many miles some of you have on your 6.0 liter motors without any problems. With the cold engine knock etc, it would interesting to here how many miles you have on this motor. Thanks for your input.

i have an 08 that started having issues at 12,000 miles...15k on it now...so far after 4 services in the last 2 months the dealer has not been able to fix it.