How many miles do you have on your 6.0 liter motor?

I have an '06 with 33K miles on it and no problems so far

I have 15,000 on my 07. I do hear some kind of noise from the engine at idle but I wouldnt call it knock. To me a knock is bottom end. connecting rod related. Or main bearing. I do hear more of a mechanical clicking. Not like a spark arching but I keep thinking it might be injector noise. Its done it since day one so I just consider it normal. I am using the mobil one filters at 5,000 mile intervals with full synth from walmart. either Pennsoil or Valvoline. Grease at the same time but it only takes a couple pumps. I get 14 to 15 mpg over all. Never check when pulling the boat. Dont care. I notice some guys feel they get good power and some say they have a dog. My engine runs like a top..pulls great.. sounds like a nascar engine when I put it to the wood. But...if I drive it gently the gearing and trans management program make it feel like a dog. But when I step on it it goes like hell. All in all I love the truck. reg. cab long bed 4x4 3/4 ton. The only complaint I have is the gay assed 245 tires. Im just ready to rotate them at 15,000 and they only have minor wear. A bit of saw tooth on the fronts and a cut I put on one of the rears. I just cant wait to put 265's on to get a bit more muscle under there. Im not spending a grand for new wheels and I fully intend to wear these duravis out before I replace them but I hate the way they look. I would like them fine if they were 265's. Im just hoping Obama doesnt make it too expensive to keep running it. Im 53, I dont use the truck too hard, do fanatical maintainance...I plan on having it till death do us part.

I traded an o6 vortec silverado that had 249600 miles in 8 years. My goal was to get 250k out of it. Was starting to get a little cold startup noise/knock, Got a good deal on my o4 duramax so it was time to get on with it. I had replaced 3 transmissions, 2 fuel pumps, several universal joints, 2 starters, 2 alternators, but never touched the inside of the engine. Did regular mant. at 5k +/- .

37,545 on the 02 SilveradoHD no problems to date. (also has the cold knock)

2,200 on the 06 GMC HD

I started a thread like this on The Diesel Place yesterday in the gassers section.

Ive got 100,150 on mine and it runs great, mine doesnt even knock.

New tranny at 97,000

what was cost on trans?....The 6.2 you mentioned...gas engine?

37,545 on the 02 SilveradoHD no problems to date. (also has the cold knock)

2,200 on the 06 GMC HD

I started a thread like this on The Diesel Place yesterday in the gassers section.

Ive got 100,150 on mine and it runs great, mine doesnt even knock.

New tranny at 97,000

Question: Transmission replacement, do you pull a trailer/camper, what do you think may have contributed to losing tranny?

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

2004 2500. Just bought the truck a couple of weeks ago. I'm the second owner. It has 102,700 miles on it. The original owner never had a problem with it, and kept in regularly maintained. Carfax report showed absolutely nothing except regular maintenance too. And since I've been driving it, that thing just runs as smooth and nice as anything I've driven. Looking forward to having it for a long time!

• 2 weeks later...

2001 2500HD has 165,000 mi, slight detonation problem with 87 octane fuel, otherwise running like a champ. changed fuel pump twice, nothing beats GM parts though first opne was NAPA and didnt last but 30,000 mi, put the one that GM used in Flex Fuel tahoe and suburbans and expecting another 100,000 mi out of truck.

I'm at 186,9xx miles on my '01 2500HD. I bought it about a month ago with 185,443 on the clock. The 6.0L has a little cold start knock, but it runs great..........

Update : The 6.0L bit the dust in Dec. 2008, 198,200 miles. Still ran like a champ but started making an awful squealing noise and terrible valvetrain noise. Oil pressure dropped off to about 20 psi. I didn't pull it apart but I think it spun a cam bearing due to coolant in the oil. Inside the valve covers and oil fill cap was a nasty goo that looked like orange mayo.

I got a replacement engine from the junkyard out of an '02 pickup, swapped it in myself and been running great ever since. Got the motor for $1500 with 53,000 on the clock. Now sitting at 205,000 on the truck and 60,000 on the motor. Runs like a champ!

Had it on the 4x4 beachs of OBX just this morning!

post-39987-1249494950_thumb.jpg

post-39987-1249494959_thumb.jpg

Edited by ldposse

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...