2007 SLE DIC Upgrade

Wow, thanks for this post! I've been searching all over trying to find a way to add the DIC to my 2007 Silverado LT.

A quick question though, is the dash plate the same for both the Sierra and the Silverado? Meaning, will the part linked to work for both?

Thanks!

Think it's the same dash. GMpartsdirect.com added this item to their accessory list and showing the same part number. In the same situation and inquired at the dealer when taking delivery. Parts guy just made excuses (can't trust on-line parts#'s, too new, not listed to fit my serial#, have to reflash computer, etc...). Didn't want to start an argument so going to ask them one more time this week then order one on-line if they don't want to sell me one.

• Replies 663
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Wow, thanks for this post! I've been searching all over trying to find a way to add the DIC to my 2007 Silverado LT.

A quick question though, is the dash plate the same for both the Sierra and the Silverado? Meaning, will the part linked to work for both?

Thanks!

Glad it helped you out! Yeah, it should be the same. I'd advise pulling off your piece of dash trim and checking for the wire back there before ordering but I'm sure you'll find it.

Good Luck, let me know how it works out.

Daddy

Sorry, another question about this part at gmpartsdirect.com (I couldn't find it anywhere else). How did you order it without buying the 4 pack? I don't see it listed any way other than in a pack of 4 which comes out to $371.03. I'll check for the wire tomorrow.

EDIT: Never mind. I actually found a single for cheaper over at http://chevroletpartspeople.com/searchprod...ormation+Switch

Sorry, another question about this part at gmpartsdirect.com (I couldn't find it anywhere else). How did you order it without buying the 4 pack? I don't see it listed any way other than in a pack of 4 which comes out to $371.03. I'll check for the wire tomorrow.

EDIT: Never mind. I actually found a single for cheaper over at http://chevroletpartspeople.com/searchprod...ormation+Switch

EDIT: I guess you did.

Here's another place for anyone who reads this thread later just in case the other two mentioned aren't working.. Daddy.

Wow, congratulations on your new DIC man!.

I love my DIC! I use it all the time. Sometimes I'll be driving down the highway on long road trips, and my wife will have to tell me to pay attention to the road and stop playing with my DIC.

I'm impressed at all the things my DIC can do...it can unlock the doors, tilt mirrors, and speak multiple languages.

What I really enjoy is converting my units of measure for my DIC from Standard to Metric and then back again.

My DIC is truly my most favorite toy. :confused:

Did you figure out if this is the same part that is used on the Sierra? $80 sounds good to me if it fits my truck.

Did you figure out if this is the same part that is used on the Sierra? $80 sounds good to me if it fits my truck.

You are joking, right? You asked me for a ton of info and pics when I wrote the original post and that installation was on my Sierra.

YES, it's the same part and NO you do not have to do anything more than swap bezels and plug it in.

Daddy. :D

Wow, congratulations on your new DIC man!.

I love my DIC! I use it all the time. Sometimes I'll be driving down the highway on long road trips, and my wife will have to tell me to pay attention to the road and stop playing with my DIC.

I'm impressed at all the things my DIC can do...it can unlock the doors, tilt mirrors, and speak multiple languages.

What I really enjoy is converting my units of measure for my DIC from Standard to Metric and then back again.

My DIC is truly my most favorite toy. :D

My girlfriend hates it when I ask her to play with my DIC while I drive.

She thinks she's going to cause us to wreck or something if she distracts me from the road.

Daddy :D

You are joking, right? You asked me for a ton of info and pics when I wrote the original post and that installation was on my Sierra.

YES, it's the same part and NO you do not have to do anything more than swap bezels and plug it in.

I'm asking about a different Chevy-only website there, buddy. Calm down...you can take over the world tomorrow!

I'm asking about a different Chevy-only website there, buddy. Calm down...you can take over the world tomorrow!

EDIT: It's not even worth it.

I am well aware of the website you were talking about but the part is the same across all of the sites. It's a GM OEM part, it's not like they offer 3 different versions of the same part. It's the same part number for the GMC as for the Chevy.

Hey, you may see some confusion if you talk to your dealer about this upgrade. Was told the same basic thing, need to order 4 separate switches totaling almost $400, then told it involves new software. They had no clue about this panel assembly eventhough I showed them a screen print with the picture, part number, and price. They even looked it up, read the description and still wouldn't order it because this part doesn't match my equipment package. Duh..., I wouldn't be asking them to order one if it was already on the truck.

I am well aware of the website you were talking about but the part is the same across all of the sites. It's a GM OEM part, it's not like they offer 3 different versions of the same part. It's the same part number for the GMC as for the Chevy.

Hey, you may see some confusion if you talk to your dealer about this upgrade. Was told the same basic thing, need to order 4 separate switches totaling almost $400, then told it involves new software. They had no clue about this panel assembly eventhough I showed them a screen print with the picture, part number, and price. They even looked it up, read the description and still wouldn't order it because this part doesn't match my equipment package. Duh..., I wouldn't be asking them to order one if it was already on the truck.

All I know is it is the same part number for both and it works with one switch and bezel and with no computer work whatsoever.

Daddy

Just ordered it! $91.95 shipped. Shipping ground from Washington to Texas, so I'll probably be waiting a while. I made sure the wiring was there behind my panel, and yes, it was. Plugged into plastic doing nothing! I don't know why they bothered selling it without if the wiring is already there. Oh well, I'm sure I came out cheaper than having the dealership install it.

Just ordered it! $91.95 shipped. Shipping ground from Washington to Texas, so I'll probably be waiting a while. I made sure the wiring was there behind my panel, and yes, it was. Plugged into plastic doing nothing! I don't know why they bothered selling it without if the wiring is already there. Oh well, I'm sure I came out cheaper than having the dealership install it.

Sweet! Let us know when it arrives and you get it installed.

Daddy :D

Who did you end up ordering it from?

Archived