2007 SLE DIC Upgrade

Just ordered it! $91.95 shipped. Shipping ground from Washington to Texas, so I'll probably be waiting a while. I made sure the wiring was there behind my panel, and yes, it was. Plugged into plastic doing nothing! I don't know why they bothered selling it without if the wiring is already there. Oh well, I'm sure I came out cheaper than having the dealership install it.

Who did you end up ordering it from?

http://chevroletpartspeople.com/

• Replies 663
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Let's give him a break!!

Summary:

$100 for functioning DIC

Just a plug-and-play.

NO soldering

No cutting wires

Just a simple remove and replace.

The main point that we all have to understand is that the Body Control Module is already sending out DIC data. But, with a blank dash panel, it has nowhere to go.

With this new panel, you can toggle thru info just like your truck had DIC in the first place.

And NO, you DO NOT have to reprogram anything!!

AWESOME mod for $100. If I ever buy a NBS '07 or newer; I'll make sure I DON'T have the Driver Info Center...just so I can do this... :D

...daddy...

Why don't you list this as one of the mods on your truck???

Let's give him a break!!

Summary:

$100 for functioning DIC

Just a plug-and-play.

NO soldering

No cutting wires

Just a simple remove and replace.

The main point that we all have to understand is that the Body Control Module is already sending out DIC data. But, with a blank dash panel, it has nowhere to go.

With this new panel, you can toggle thru info just like your truck had DIC in the first place.

And NO, you DO NOT have to reprogram anything!!

AWESOME mod for $100. If I ever buy a NBS '07 or newer; I'll make sure I DON'T have the Driver Info Center...just so I can do this... :D

...daddy...

Why don't you list this as one of the mods on your truck???

I do now! Guess I forgot. :D

I just wanted to let everyone know that adding the Driver Information Center (DIC) to your 2007 SLE is a snap.

I ordered the part from gmpartsdirect.com. The install took 5 minutes.

Directions (I would have taken photos but it's really unnecessary as this is so simple.)

1. Turn the truck off.

2. Pull the old section of dash (on the left of the wheel) off by hand.

3. Remove the light controls (simple plastic clips).

4. Remove the extra cable clipped into the piece of dash (it's already there just not being used...YET!

5. Install the light controls into the new piece of dash (yes it comes with the new piece of dash, new vent and the switch)

6. Plug the previously non used wire into the new switch.

7. Put the new dash plate back into place by hand.

8. Turn on the truck! You're done!

This mod gives you access to fuel mileage, range, gallons used, V8/V4 mode notification, tire pressures, tire sensor learning, key fob learning, chime volume, entry and exit lighting schemes, lock and unlock schemes (including automatic lock/unlock), unit and language choices, engine hours and probably more that I have forgotten already.

The beauty of all of this is the cost - $100.22 shipped.

Enjoy.

If you have questions, let me know!

Daddy. :D

Daddy, a couple of questions, hope they aren't too dumb.

I have a 07 Classic SLE Sierra, would this upgrade work for it too?

Does this mean the trucks are "electronically" pre-wired for this upgrade, meaning the tire sensors etc are already there, you just need the DIC to activate it?

Does this mean the trucks are "electronically" pre-wired for this upgrade, meaning the tire sensors etc are already there, you just need the DIC to activate it?

Unfortunately, no, this upgrade is only for the new body style trucks. You may be able to upgrade the classic but I couldn't tell you for sure. When you're looking for parts and accessories the parts labeled 07 Classic are generally the same as the 06 models parts. You might try looking on www.gmpartsdirects.com or www.gmcpartspeople.com . There are plenty of other places for accessories but these are the ones where this upgrade was found.

Sorry for the bad news but good luck!

Daddy :D

Unfortunately, no, this upgrade is only for the new body style trucks. You may be able to upgrade the classic but I couldn't tell you for sure. When you're looking for parts and accessories the parts labeled 07 Classic are generally the same as the 06 models parts. You might try looking on www.gmpartsdirects.com or www.gmcpartspeople.com . There are plenty of other places for accessories but these are the ones where this upgrade was found.

Sorry for the bad news but good luck!

Daddy :D

Bummer, thanks anyways.

That would be because I complained to them. They said it was an "error".

Think there was a problem with their website. I tried to look-up by part # a couple of days ago and had problems.

Got my DIC switches today from my dealer. Didn't have time to install yet.

Thats an awesome mod! I'm ording the parts for my 07 NBS SLE Sierra. Thanks daddy I can't wait to see my Mileage, Tire pressure and all the other info

Then again...you may not want to see your mileage. :tear:

Archived