2007 SLE DIC Upgrade

Thats an awesome mod! I'm ording the parts for my 07 NBS SLE Sierra. Thanks daddy I can't wait to see my Mileage, Tire pressure and all the other info

Then again...you may not want to see your mileage. :tear:

Isn't that the truth? :confused:

• Replies 663
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just ordered mine from the dealer. $95 Cdn

Do you pull the old switch off starting from the top left? I'm scared to break it.

Thanks for all the great info daddy!

If you are referring to the old bezel, yes. As long as you don't yank, and simply pull, you'll be fine. Mine have been on and off a number of times already with no problem. You'll be replacing your entire bezel anyway so if you break it, oh well.

Daddy.

• 3 weeks later...

great find!!!!!!!!! I have a SLE2 so I don't need to do the mod, but had I know this I would have bought the 3/4 ton crew cab I was looking at, instead of the 1/2 ton with it, I didnt know it was this easy to add this function.

I just wanted to let everyone know that adding the Driver Information Center (DIC) to your 2007 SLE is a snap.

I ordered the part from gmpartsdirect.com. The install took 5 minutes.

Directions (I would have taken photos but it's really unnecessary as this is so simple.)

1. Turn the truck off.

2. Pull the old section of dash (on the left of the wheel) off by hand.

3. Remove the light controls (simple plastic clips).

4. Remove the extra cable clipped into the piece of dash (it's already there just not being used...YET!

5. Install the light controls into the new piece of dash (yes it comes with the new piece of dash, new vent and the switch)

6. Plug the previously non used wire into the new switch.

7. Put the new dash plate back into place by hand.

8. Turn on the truck! You're done!

This mod gives you access to fuel mileage, range, gallons used, V8/V4 mode notification, tire pressures, tire sensor learning, key fob learning, chime volume, entry and exit lighting schemes, lock and unlock schemes (including automatic lock/unlock), unit and language choices, engine hours and probably more that I have forgotten already.

The beauty of all of this is the cost - $100.22 shipped.

Enjoy.

If you have questions, let me know!

Daddy. :thumbs:

Daddy,

Thanks a ton for the post! That's a killer upgrade.

Also thanks to Slaphappy for the Chevy link (http://chevroletpartspeople.com/searchprod...ormation+Switch). I ordered the part from them last weekend. It hasn't shipped yet, but hopefully I'll get it soon. Which trim Silverado do you have?

Daddy,

Also thanks to Slaphappy for the Chevy link (http://chevroletpartspeople.com/searchprod...ormation+Switch). I ordered the part from them last weekend. It hasn't shipped yet, but hopefully I'll get it soon. Which trim Silverado do you have?

Glad it helped you.

Daddy.

• 3 weeks later...
Daddy,

Glad it helped you.

Daddy.

Daddy and Slaphappy,

I finally received my DIC switch! I'm hoping to get out there in the morning to install it.

Question:

Did y'all follow the instructions that are provided with the switch (19 steps-- removing the knee bolster, parking brake release handle etc...) or did you simply yank the old panel piece off?

Also, any recommendations for removing the old piece? Should I be prying the old panel (with a screwdriver or something similar) or just pull the panel off?

Thanks for the help.

John

I decided to just pull on the panel until it popped off. That worked out fine.

Anyway, the switch is in and I'm loving it. Well, all except for seeing the instant mileage when driving up hills.

Thanks again for the information and help. I wish all upgrades were this easy.

Sorry for the delay. I am on vacation and not checking in that often right now but I am going to try to respond to all the recent posts at once here.

Here we go:

Just did this to my Chevy. Thanks for the info. It made the decision for me and it worked out great!
Friggin' Sweet.

Did y'all follow the instructions that are provided with the switch (19 steps-- removing the knee bolster, parking brake release handle etc...) or did you simply yank the old panel piece off?
I see you got your answer, congrats on the best upgrade for the money!

Great upgrade! Now then, do you know how to add the rainsense wiper control system?
Not sure but I think that'll be a real PITA.

Daddy,where did you get the chrome door handles,I can only find the covers?Are they for a Denali?
gmpartsdirect.com part number 19159770

Take Care,

Daddy

Dealer had the DIC in stock.I installed it this morning in a blink.Average MPG is 14.6,mostly city,hopefully this will improve when I switch to Amsoil.Thanks for the information Daddy.

No Problem! That's what makes this site great. Now, if someone can show me how to make make my 17 inches grow into 20's we'll be all set. :fume:

Daddy

Archived