Changing Lbz Fuel Filter

It's time for my first fuel filter change on my LBZ. My previous truck was an 03 LB7. After much deliberation and frustration, I found it was easier to remove the right, front inner fender well to change the fuel filter. I just could not find an easy spot to fish it out otherwise. Is there any difference with the fuel line set-up on the LBZ? Or should I just use the same method? You would think this would be a 10 minute job. Also, is there a tool that I can use to pull the clips without damaging them. Before, I just used 2 flathead screwdrivers to "work" the inner pin out, then pulled the plastic bushing out by hand.

• 3 weeks later...
It's time for my first fuel filter change on my LBZ. My previous truck was an 03 LB7. After much deliberation and frustration, I found it was easier to remove the right, front inner fender well to change the fuel filter. I just could not find an easy spot to fish it out otherwise. Is there any difference with the fuel line set-up on the LBZ? Or should I just use the same method? You would think this would be a 10 minute job. Also, is there a tool that I can use to pull the clips without damaging them. Before, I just used 2 flathead screwdrivers to "work" the inner pin out, then pulled the plastic bushing out by hand.

I just changed the filter on my old man's lbz. Still easier to pull inner fender to do it, no change. I used a tool that almost looks like a small hammer claw to pull the pins out of inner fender. Since inner fender is plastic I just pulled enough of them to slightly bend it down and get my hand in there.

You'd think this job bwouldn't be such a PITA!!!!

Archived