Suburban Seat Swap

I'm in exactly the same boat.

I have done the research, and the answer is absolutely, you can just unbolt your buckets and bolt in the 60/40 bench pieces. Tahoe/Yukon seats won't work, but Suburban or Yukon XL seats will. Everything from '03-'06 is identical to your '04.

The trick is in finding those parts. There is an ebay seller who often has these seats, but unfortunately does not have the seats I need (tan leather). But if you need something else, he might have it, check him out, here's a link.

If there's anyone in the SF Bay Area with an '03-'06 Suburban or Yukon XL with tan leather 2nd-row 60/40 bench who would like buckets instead, I'll pay you $200 to do the swap.

Edited by JoshS
  • Thanks 1

Try this site. Ive had success locating odd stuff through them. http://www.car-part.com They are linked with a lot of boneyards.

EDIT: had to fix the link. Apparently I wasn't smart enough to do it right the first time.

Edited by Zembonez

I've got the tan leather also. In my ideal situation, I'd like to hang on to them to add back in a few years. Hopefully I'll be able to come up with something. There certainly a ton of them on the road, so I'd imagine the boneyards should have plenty. Thanks for all the info JoshS. No I can really start searching.

• 8 months later...
I have done the research, and the answer is absolutely, you can just unbolt your buckets and bolt in the 60/40 bench pieces. Tahoe/Yukon seats won't work, but Suburban or Yukon XL seats will. Everything from '03-'06 is identical to your '04.

Why can't you swap between a Tahoe and a Suburban exactly?

• 11 months later...
  • 8 months later...

Why can't you swap between a Tahoe and a Suburban exactly?

It was my understanding that they are different in the dimensions...

• 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
I have tan leather 2nd row 60/40 bench seats that I would like to swap for captains chairs. I am in central FL for anyone interested in swapping.

I have 04 suburban with (2) tan leather captain chairs 2nd row. Do you still want a trade?

I have 2005 tan leather bench second row looking for buckets.

Has anyone done this swap? Anyone interested?

Tom

Edited by tomy2tone01