Steering Radio Controls

In case anyone is still looking for a steering wheel p/n 15917934 Titanium leather, silver spoke trim, cruise and audio controls, Schram's has two available. Here's a link:

http://www.schramaut...d=860226&name=0

That's where I got mine from a couple years back. GREAT price and great people to deal with. The steering wheel was practically brand new. I only used the wiring harness from it. Kept the rest in case I may need to replace mine later down the road.

• Replies 367
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 6 months later...

...does anyone know what part # the shroud is for the back of the wheel? None of the parts websites have a listing for it though.

I'm in the same boat. I want to use my current wheel (it's a police Tahoe so a wrapped leather wheel would probably look a bit odd) and already have the audio controls and wiring harness. Just need to take the wheel apart and put a shroud on the back with left and right cutouts. Just need a part number for the shroud. Anyone?

• 1 year later...

ok so I see theres a lot of people doing this upgrade so i have question I have a 2009 Silverado 1LT ext cab. I add steering wheel controls to my truck(i purchased a brand new right button assembly and the harness that runs behind the air bag from cruise to stereo control and stereo controls). after adding them my cruise control started acting funny(i had to tap the brakes several times to get the cruise to engage, and also the misc ignition fuse under the hood would pop imediately after putting a new one in? can someone tell me what went wrong? have any of you had this issue. ok so I have added a VCIM with Bluetooth and a factory navigation from CPS audio. the guy everyone on here goes too in California. Anyone had this issue with theirs?

• 1 year later...

Hello All,

I have a question for anyone that might be able to provide some insight for me. I have an 07 NBS Silverado WT that came with the cruise control. I bought a steering wheel that had the audio controls as well. After getting the new wheel installed and everything connected I found that the cruise control still works fine however that audio controls do not work at all? Does anyone know of anything that I might be missing here? It just dawned on me to check the fuse box to see if there is anything relating to the audio controls in there that might be missing a fuse, but other then that I can't think of any reason that they wouldn't be working. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks again!

Jacob

I tried to edit my previous post with an update but it wouldn't let me. I apologize for bringing up an old topic. I was able to find some slight albeit useful information in this forum I believe so I figured I would bring it back to light. I have an early version of the 07 NBS model and apparently some of the stock stereo units are not compatible with the steering wheel audio controls. As previously stated, you can find some minimal information on Page 16 of this forum posts #227 and #228.

• 1 year later...

Just completed this on my truck using a used wheel from ebay. Took less than 30 minutes and didn't require a steering wheel puller. Everything just worked. Mine is a 2007 GMC Sierra SLE with a standard cab.

I do recall reading somewhere about having the proper number of clock springs (aka metal connectors that allow wheel to rotate and maintain connections).

Archived