Family & Friends Discount

I was talking with a very close friend recently. His father is a retired GM employee. He provides his son and daughter with a FAMILY discount number which allows them a very significant discount on their GM purchases, BUT he claims that he gets a 1099 and makes them reimbursement him for the income tax he pays on thier discount. I don't understand how you would be required to pay income tax on a DISCOUNT that is provided from GM, he doesn't receive any actual money, only a discount.

I located a GM employee who added me to his FRIENDS discount and when I just ordered my new GMC 2500HD it provided me an additional $1100+ below delaer invoice. It pays to have FRIENDS!

That guy is jerking you off about getting a 1099 and paying taxes on

ANY GM family deal !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes that GM discount for friends is also a great deal. Of course it

is the same as the "supplier price" deal and is higher than the GM

employee/retiree/family (GMS) programs.

Other benefits from either deal is you NO pay advertising fees ($500 and up)

and DOC fee is limited to $75 bucks !

How would I know? My mom and uncles worked for GM for years and would

sponsor family members for the GM family deal price !

Not to mention currently sponsoring folks with the GM discount for friends deal

also!

• 2 weeks later...

Do you need to let the dealer know you have the coupon prior to ordering? Next question would be how could one go about getting a coupon? I don't have family that works for GM but I have read a couple of years ago on this site where people were offering coupons for those ready to buy. Also does anyone out there own a 07 or 08 2500HD 4x4 CC with the 6.0 and 6 spd auto. and 3:73's. How does it perform? A lot of questions but I know someone out there will have a response.

Do you need to let the dealer know you have the coupon prior to ordering? Next question would be how could one go about getting a coupon? I don't have family that works for GM but I have read a couple of years ago on this site where people were offering coupons for those ready to buy. Also does anyone out there own a 07 or 08 2500HD 4x4 CC with the 6.0 and 6 spd auto. and 3:73's. How does it perform? A lot of questions but I know someone out there will have a response.

I just priced that same truck out today, GMC with the sle2 option and my discount saves me right around 4000 dollars, i'm waiting till the cut off date to order mine which is around may, hoping that when it comes in there will be some more incentives, to make room for 09's right now it sits at 32,750 with my discount, incentivies and bonus cash, and that was without talking the price down!! i'd like to get it for 30,000 out the door!, we'll see

Archived