Tsb On Ebony Seat

my dealer has the tsb and is doing somone elses truck now. They called me because they knew I was interested and showed me the new seats...they will be reuppholstered with premium cloth its not as velour like...but it seems almost the same darn thing. Hope this helps

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have the premium cloth seats and decided to go with the seat covers because that light cashmere was just begging for a nice stain. I put them on the fronts within the first week of getting the truck. Haven't done the backseats yet.

But with only the occasional rider in the backseats, I can tell that they're accumulating lint. I don't know if it's any better or worse than the your material, and it my not be as as noticeable with the lighter color. But I can definitely rub on the seats and lint comes rolling off.

BTW, here's a few pics with the ebony seat covers.

post-41612-1194144831_thumb.jpg

post-41612-1194144844_thumb.jpg

post-41612-1194144855_thumb.jpg

the all terrian seat leather is looking good to me now :driving:

Thats OK,I'll still take the cloth.I can't stand the cheap leather GM uses in the trucks.

Its funny.....mine dosen't seem to be collecting as much lint as it was just a couple months ago.

Its funny.....mine dosen't seem to be collecting as much lint as it was just a couple months ago.

I've noticed this too. For the first few months, the ebony seats on our Suburban looked horrible - always covered in lint and hair. Over time, though, the problem seems to have gotten better.

The truck is now ten months old, and the seats definitely do not attract lint like they used to. Given all the hassles everyone has been having with the new seat covers, I'm glad we decided to sit tight for a while. Seems like the problem fixes itself. Maybe it's just excessive static charge that goes away with time. :thumbs:

Its not just the ebony, I have the light titanium in mine and I cant imagine ebony being any worse, not that it isnt, just letting you know that mine is hellish, or was anyway. I called and ordered a set of wet okole's and they are awesome. I have had several sets of their covers in the past and really like them. They fit tight, really tight. They take about an hour or so to install unless you have hands the size of a toddlers and arms like an NBA star. I havent put them in the back yet but I will soon. If they had made the entire seat out of the middle section's fabric they would be fine. That fabric is like a slick less atinable and non-clingy material, on mine at least.

I have the light titanium and I've never noticed anything. I do have a set of wet okole custom seat covers on order just to protect the seats since I will at some points get in with totally soaking pants etc...I'll post pics when I get them installed if anyone is interested.

www.wtokole.com

I have the premium cloth seats and decided to go with the seat covers because that light cashmere was just begging for a nice stain. I put them on the fronts within the first week of getting the truck. Haven't done the backseats yet.

But with only the occasional rider in the backseats, I can tell that they're accumulating lint. I don't know if it's any better or worse than the your material, and it my not be as as noticeable with the lighter color. But I can definitely rub on the seats and lint comes rolling off.

BTW, here's a few pics with the ebony seat covers.

Those look pretty good...I tried to order those from my dealer a few weeks ago and he told me they didn't have any national stock and/or they hadn't started making them yet..Guess I should have called around. Oh well too late now.

My complaint letter to GM was answered today. As for them stepping up and taking care of this issue, it doesn't look promising. Here is part of their response:

"General Motors is aware that dust, dirt and other particles might accumulate on the seats, be it leather or fabric, and have already recommended procedures on how to clean both the interior and the exterior of the Silverado. Based on the 2007 Chevrolet Silverado Owners Manual, page 601 onwards under the Appearance Care section, gives you a detailed overview and guidelines on how to take good care of the vehicles appearance. If you find the procedures in the manual confusing and do not provide further resolution, I would recommend that you either see or contact your local Chevrolet dealership. We rely on our dealership which have firsthand knowledge in determining the problem, answering parts or technical related questions and fixing your vehicle. From there, should you need further assistance or help, please do not hesitate to give us a call. "

So, apparently...I'm just a moron that can't seem to handle a simple task like cleaning my seats. Thanks GM!!

My complaint letter to GM was answered today. As for them stepping up and taking care of this issue, it doesn't look promising. Here is part of their response:

"General Motors is aware that dust, dirt and other particles might accumulate on the seats, be it leather or fabric, and have already recommended procedures on how to clean both the interior and the exterior of the Silverado. Based on the 2007 Chevrolet Silverado Owners Manual, page 601 onwards under the Appearance Care section, gives you a detailed overview and guidelines on how to take good care of the vehicles appearance. If you find the procedures in the manual confusing and do not provide further resolution, I would recommend that you either see or contact your local Chevrolet dealership. We rely on our dealership which have firsthand knowledge in determining the problem, answering parts or technical related questions and fixing your vehicle. From there, should you need further assistance or help, please do not hesitate to give us a call. "

So, apparently...I'm just a moron that can't seem to handle a simple task like cleaning my seats. Thanks GM!!

Hmm,Thats interesting.

I'm gonna' have to check with our GM district service manager on this :)

Where did you send the letter?

Where did you send the letter?

Sent it through the email "contact us" section on their website.

That either went to Chatham, Austin or Detroit "Customer Assistance Center". That was not GM (outsourced company that GM works with). The DVM's Field Assistance Team is in Detroit and part of Austin, but not in Chatham, and is apart of GM, they are not outsourced to a separate call center company. That is probably why you got the reply that you did.

Not sure. The email was signed " The Chevrolet Consumer Support Team". Who should we be contacting about this?

Your Dealership Service Manager or have him contact his DVM (District Service Manager). The Customer Assistance Center is really a call center designed to give 'generic' responses that may or may not fit the problem at hand (Trust me, I used to work in the email team for Chevrolet and then got promoted to the Field Assistance Team, which has nothing to do with the call center) I called a few of the guys at GM TAC and they are still trying to find the root cause (type of material, conditions of manufacturing process, viable cost effective solutions) of the problem, it is probably just as bad as the I-Shaft problem. Personally, I would file the complaint with GM (you did that by sending the letter to the call center and they have to forward all of the cases to GM for audit/statistics/feeback). Then I would try to get the vehicle looked at every once in a while (say every 6 months), and make sure that they give you paperwork from the dealership documenting the case, the more paperwork the better (Keep your SR number from Customer Assistance as well).

Archived