Tsb On Ebony Seat

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Looks like GM might be sweeping this one under the rug...

i hope not! but they need to do something quick. mine look terrible as well; the seats in my 06 were almost just as dark; but never collected lint like this; and the seat sat much better too. the material is just different and cheaper i guess.

The "Premium" cloth suffers the same fate. The sides are made of the same material and the lint collects on them as well. Really annoying. They might be re-designing the cloth interiors or something...who knows.

I had a friend who owns a cat in the truck this weekend and after an hour with the lint brush and vacuum I fired of an email to GM;

-----Original Message-----

Sent: 12/11/2007 10:20:09

Subject: I am a current owner and have a question, concern, comment or compliment.

Subject: Excessive Lint Accumulation on Cloth Seats (Replace Seat Covers) #07-08-50-018 - (08/28/2007) I there any update or expected update for the above TSB? This is my fourth new GM/Chevrolet truck and the first that has ever collected the dirt and lint like this, it is embarrassing. I have checked with the dealership and they just kind of laugh it off and suggest a lint brush, I didn't spend $40k to spend my weekends with a lint brush cleaning my seats.

Please let me know where you are at with this known issue.

Thank you.

Their Response;

Mr. S.:

In response to your email, we wish to clarify that the dealers have been advised that the appropriate parts are not available at this time. Please continue to keep in contact with your dealer, who will be among the first to receive updated product information as it becomes available.

Thank you for contacting General Motors of Canada Limited. We apologize for any inconvenience and appreciate your patience.

If you require future assistance do not hesitate to e-mail me back through the General Motors of Canada website, or contact myself, at our Customer Communication Centre, toll-free, at 1-800-263-3777, extension 2662, Monday to Friday, 7:30 am to 4:00pm, Eastern Standard Time.

Katherine Johns

General Motors Internet Correspondent

www.gmcanada.com

So still no answer to the problem but I just thought I would update everyone on my experience.

I have the light titanium and of course it's nowhere near as bad as the ebony but...

I did notice when I moved the seatbelt where it rubs on the side of the seat the seatbelt is linting off onto the seat. The whole side is a strip of lint as wide as the seatbelt and a dark color - goes all the way up the seat. I couldn't get it off either even with a lint brush. Not like I carried a cat around either, just the seatbelt. The good news is normally the seatbelt covers it. I wouldn't have noticed it but someone rode in the passanger side and moved it and thought I had gotten something all over the seat.

• 3 weeks later...
I had a friend who owns a cat in the truck this weekend and after an hour with the lint brush and vacuum I fired of an email to GM;

-----Original Message-----

Sent: 12/11/2007 10:20:09

Subject: I am a current owner and have a question, concern, comment or compliment.

Subject: Excessive Lint Accumulation on Cloth Seats (Replace Seat Covers) #07-08-50-018 - (08/28/2007) I there any update or expected update for the above TSB? This is my fourth new GM/Chevrolet truck and the first that has ever collected the dirt and lint like this, it is embarrassing. I have checked with the dealership and they just kind of laugh it off and suggest a lint brush, I didn't spend $40k to spend my weekends with a lint brush cleaning my seats.

Please let me know where you are at with this known issue.

Thank you.

Their Response;

Mr. S.:

In response to your email, we wish to clarify that the dealers have been advised that the appropriate parts are not available at this time. Please continue to keep in contact with your dealer, who will be among the first to receive updated product information as it becomes available.

Thank you for contacting General Motors of Canada Limited. We apologize for any inconvenience and appreciate your patience.

If you require future assistance do not hesitate to e-mail me back through the General Motors of Canada website, or contact myself, at our Customer Communication Centre, toll-free, at 1-800-263-3777, extension 2662, Monday to Friday, 7:30 am to 4:00pm, Eastern Standard Time.

Katherine Johns

General Motors Internet Correspondent

www.gmcanada.com

So still no answer to the problem but I just thought I would update everyone on my experience.

This post is so true -- please follow thread below-- folks need to file the proper complaint process to get our issue higher on the proirity list.

Read this thread - http://www.dieselplace.com/forum/showthread.php?t=206167

Archived