Heated Seat Trouble

Yeah, I had the same trouble with my truck. Ordered the seat elements and had a local upholstery shop install. Overall it set me back about $160. They work fine now, but when you hit the button for the back only, only the bottom heats up. Everything looks like it's hooked up right, and I watched them install so I know they didn't get the elements switched. Oh well, at least my butt is warm now.

• 11 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

That is good info. My problem sounds pretty much like that except it is intermittent. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. If it doesn't work, it doesn't work on either side. Sometimes it will click on with the lights working and then shut off within a few seconds. Then it won't work again unless I turn the truck off. When it does work, it seems to heat up just fine, but it is not that often.

• 4 years later...

Hi Tsmith,

I'm so sorry for your continued frustration with this matter! Let me know if you'd like for me to look into this furtehr and reach out to your dealer on your behalf. Feel free to send me a private message with more information if my help is needed. I look forward to hearing from you!

Kristen A.
GM Customer Care

Archived