Manual Seat To Power Seat Swap

Boomer73

Question

This is a cross post from Fullsize HD Trucks.

When I pull out my manual seats to replace them with power seats in a 2003 Sierra 2500HD SLE, am I going to find the connector waiting for me under the carpet or will I need to run some wire? If the connectors there, is it there on both the driver and passenger side? Will I need to have any BCM programming done if I manage to plug into a factory harness/plug?

0 answers to this question

Normally you will have to run the wire. A fused 8 gage wire for power and a good solid ground and you are in business. Not a big project.

I would go with a circuit breaker instead of a fuse.

Obvoiusly that would do the job. I just meant something other than a wire directly to the battery with no circuit protection.

I didn't say there would't be one, I don't know but I don't think so. It's been quite a while since I had one apart that was manual and paid attention if it was wired. My point was if there isn't one it won't be a big deal to wire in. That there is no module data that needs to be exchanged, just a power and ground.

I do not post diagrams anymore but you shouldn't have any problem finding one here.

If your talking about the 03 Sierra in your profile I don't think you'll find a connector there, but I could be wrong. If not there isn't really anything too complicated here just power off the IP relay block @ the seats circuit breaker (there should be power in to that even if there isnt a cirucit out) and a good ground (factory uses g306 which is in the passenger b-pillar about a foot above the floor). There is no functions monitored by or controlled by any modules on an 03.

If your talking about the 03 Sierra in your profile I don't think you'll find a connector there, but I could be wrong. If not there isn't really anything too complicated here just power off the IP relay block @ the seats circuit breaker (there should be power in to that even if there isnt a cirucit out) and a good ground (factory uses g306 which is in the passenger b-pillar about a foot above the floor). There is no functions monitored by or controlled by any modules on an 03.

So what you're saying is that a plug and power for powered seats was only run if you have that option? I figured it would be a standard harness that was installed in all of the trucks, some of which take advantage of it if they have the upgraded seats, the rest which don't if they have the manual seats. Sorta like the transmission temp sensor is there in all the trucks but some have the gauge that displays it and others don't. In any case, it doesn't sound too hard to wire in especially while I have the seats and carpet out.

You wouldn't happen to have any schematics would you?

The harness for the an3 non heated seats is fairly simple. The harness is 128$ from gm. The an6 optioned heated seats option is only 133. if you would like to add that option to your truck i have that hanress from my 06 that i removed to upgrade to heated memory seats.

The harness for the an3 non heated seats is fairly simple. The harness is 128$ from gm. The an6 optioned heated seats option is only 133. if you would like to add that option to your truck i have that hanress from my 06 that i removed to upgrade to heated memory seats.

Deon, I am not sure if the harness will help me hook my 04 seats to my 2002, not having done it before, what do you think?

I checked and what I have is a plug with a large orange and black wire and a small black/white striped wire currently plugged into my manual seat. I assume that the black/white is for passenger and/or seat belt sensor while the orange and black are positive power and ground respectively.

I also understand from reading other posts that GM part # 15196953 is a ridiculously expensive cross body wiring harness that allows seat heat, memory, etc to function when the steering wheel controls are present. Steering wheel controls are going into the vehicle at the same time the seats are, so I'm wondering if I should try finding the harness in question. I'd almost rather make the harness if I could find the right plugs because I bet it would cost me about $20 then instead of $633. I understand it plugs into the drivers seat, goes over the trans hump and plugs into the passenger seat, then plugs into the door module on the drivers side and finally into the fuse box. I think if I had the harness this would all be a simple plug in job because I have an '03 vehicle and I have '04 seats and I'm 99.999% sure they are compatible electronics/computer-wise with no changes in this department between those years.

I put full power 2004 seats into my 2002 Tahoe. Seat function is not an issue, one ground wire and one power on each seat, no big deal and instructions on this connection are on this forum in another note.

I still don't have the heated seat working. I don't care about the memory functions but I really wish to get the heat working. My wife has a very bad back from multiple surgeries and the heated seats really help.

I am considering buying aftermarket heated seat installation kit, they are cheap but a lot of labor.

The 2004 seats have a computer under the passenger seat that operates the seat function.

Archived