In 20 seconds you can become part of the worlds largest and oldest community discussing General Motors, Chevrolet and GMC branded pickups, crossovers, and SUVs. From buying research to owner support, join 1.5 MILLION GM Truck Enthusiasts every month who use GM-Trucks.com as a daily part of their ownership experience. 

Flasher Unit Location

hey guys, i have a question. my friend has a 06 silverado ss, and he just updated his turn signal bulbs to leds, what he wants to know is where are the flashers located, so that he can change them to flashers that work with led bulbs... any help appreciated.. thanks

hey guys, i have a question. my friend has a 06 silverado ss, and he just updated his turn signal bulbs to leds, what he wants to know is where are the flashers located, so that he can change them to flashers that work with led bulbs... any help appreciated.. thanks

bump, can anyone help me

bump, can anyone help me

Here is a diagram for him:

Document ID# 786377

2006 Chevrolet Chevy C Silverado - 2WD

Hazard and Turn Signal Flasher Replacement

Removal Procedure

1. Remove the knee bolster. Refer to Knee Bolster Replacement in Instrument Panel, Gages and Console.

786886.gif

2. On the back side of the fuse block release the retainer while pulling the flasher (1) outwards.

3. Remove the flasher (1) from the fuse block.

Installation Procedure

1. 786886.gif

2. Install the flasher (1) to the fuse block until the retainer clicks into place.

3. Install the knee bolster. Refer to Knee Bolster Replacement in Instrument Panel, Gages and Console.

Document ID# 786377

Document ID# 854980

Knee Bolster Replacement

Removal Procedure

1. 348724.gif

2. Remove the I/P cluster trim plate bezel. Refer to Bezel Replacement - Instrument Panel (I/P) Cluster .

348714.gif

3. Remove the knee bolster screws.

4. Unsnap the top of the knee bolster from the I/P assembly.

Installation Procedure

1. Notice: Refer to

Fastener Notice in Cautions and Notices.

348714.gif

Snap the top of the knee bolster into the I/P assembly.

Install the knee bolster screws.

Tighten

Tighten the screws to 2 N·m (18 lb in).

Install the I/P cluster trim plate bezel. Refer to Bezel Replacement - Instrument Panel (I/P) Cluster .

Document ID# 854980

Archived