Evap Vent Valve Solenoid #

Hi,

I found this at RockAuto (http://www.rockauto.com)

ACDELCO Part # 2142149 {replaces 214-1078 #10382105, 15750484, 2141078, 2141097, 22728634, 25932571}

VALVE,Evaporative Emission Canister VENT SOL

I was considering trying this on my 05 Tahoe. Anyone see any reason not to?

I replaced my Fuel Tank Evap Control today, GM part # 25932571. It was $22+ tax at the dealer. Since the GM part is listed as a replacement to AC-Delco I would guess it's the same. I got the GM part because I knew it was the exact same as the factory one. How much is the AC-Delco part?

GM part#25932571 and AC-Delco part#214-2149 are the same part.

I just looked, the part I bought at the dealer was AC-Delco. It's the same.

Yep,I know :rollin:

I just looked, the part I bought at the dealer was AC-Delco. It's the same.

Thanks all,

RockAuto has it listed as 16.95, but not in stock, at least 5 days B/O, didn't get the shipping cost. If the dealer has it for 22.+tax, and it is in stock, wutdaheck, I'll probably go get it.

Edited by IronMike57

• 1 month later...

This is the # I have on the EVAP Vent Valve this is the updated one.

NAPA CRB 2-282554 gm #'s 15759044 & 19152345 (Warehouse stocked most NAPA should have this on the shelf.)

Should fit GMT 800's 99-04.

You will need a short piece of 5/8 hose the best I remember, to connect the filter and purge valve.

Jbo

• 1 month later...
***IMPORTANT INFORMATION YOU MUST READ*****

Ok everyone, listen up....If you have a 04 and newer silverado, with a failed evap vent solenoid, you have to read this info. Do not pay $100+ for this part(actually $150.00 at the dealer). The following part numbers associated with this part have been gm#19207763,19152349, and AC DELCO #'s 214-2082 costing over $100.00 for the modified part. This is for the modified part, with the relocation of the filterbox, and the added hose that seperates the two. No one at Gm will tell you this, but this same part, that was origionally on your silverado, is also used in the 2006 Suburban. It will be an identical replacement for what is ON YOUR TRUCK, and the cost is $24.04 AT THE DEALER. I know this because I own a 2006 silverado, and a 2006 suburban. Looked at the suburban when the part went bad on the silverado(from overfilling the tank)and bingo, same part. Ask a parts person at GM, and they will tell you otherwise, but they are lying to you. Bought the suburban part today part # 25932571 (GM #) and everything is identical, right down to the numbers stamped on the part itself. Took the part off my silverado, put the replacement on (which gm told me is not the right part), cleared the codes, and bingo no more light after 3 consecutive starts...... Why, is it that GM feels we need to pay the price for something they did wrong???? And moreso, lie to us, telling us the $150.00 part is our only choice to fix the problem. My truck went 40K miles with the origional part, and probably only went bad because of my own stupidity in overfilling the tank, whay would I not just want to spend $24.00 to put on the same part, that will probably go the rest of the life of the truck with no tank overfills???? I say CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT FOR EVERYONE THAT HAS BEEN SCAMMED INTO PAYING THE RIDICULOUS PRICE that GM is trying to suck out of us.....Please pass this on to the world, and every forum you can...Get the word out....Let the parts people at GM know we are on to their BS, and they can't take advantage of us like they have.....

I had the same problem and solved it using odayflor's process. Used the part number he listed for my 2005 Silverado and it was $24.00 from Rockauto.com including shipping after my dealer quoted $150.00 just for the part. Install was easy using 5/8 heater hose and 2 new worm clamps

• Like 1

I had the same problem and solved it using odayflor's process. Used the part number he listed for my 2005 Silverado and it was $24.00 from Rockauto.com including shipping after my dealer quoted $150.00 just for the part. Install was easy using 5/8 heater hose and 2 new worm clamps

:D +1 to this method, did the exact thing for my 06 sierra, havent had a problem since, took about 10-15 mins to fix.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I just got off the phone with Ashley at Rock Auto, she said that the part # I gave her (214-2149) will not fit my truck (2006 Silverado 5.3l Flex Fuel), the part # I gave her is for a 3500 Silverado WITHOUT Flex Fuel....I ordered it anyway being folks here say it would work....unless I'm missing something here ??? :flag:

Ok I did some searching before getting on here to ask for help. Trying to do some maintenance and repairs myself and save some $$. I have a 2003 Silverado and am getting the CEL and a code P0449. I know what this means but am having a issue finding the part. I want to replace it but I have found no place that lists the ac delco part #. Also the Chilton manual mentions a vent hose and electrial connector but the picture doesn't show the electrial. Does anyone know if this part has one and can give me a part # to use?

Napa Echlin 2-28554 is the updated version with the separate filter.

Jbo

I just got off the phone with Ashley at Rock Auto, she said that the part # I gave her (214-2149) will not fit my truck (2006 Silverado 5.3l Flex Fuel), the part # I gave her is for a 3500 Silverado WITHOUT Flex Fuel....I ordered it anyway being folks here say it would work....unless I'm missing something here ??? :lol:

I just got the part from Rock Auto....I ordered AC Delco 214-2149....looks like the same part thats on my truck (2006 E/C 5.3l flex fuel)....I'll report back in once I get it installed. Can anyone tell me how long before this part runs a test and shuts off the Check Engine Light ??

I just got off the phone with Ashley at Rock Auto, she said that the part # I gave her (214-2149) will not fit my truck (2006 Silverado 5.3l Flex Fuel), the part # I gave her is for a 3500 Silverado WITHOUT Flex Fuel....I ordered it anyway being folks here say it would work....unless I'm missing something here ??? :fume:

I just got the part from Rock Auto....I ordered AC Delco 214-2149....looks like the same part thats on my truck (2006 E/C 5.3l flex fuel)....I'll report back in once I get it installed. Can anyone tell me how long before this part runs a test and shuts off the Check Engine Light ??

I just reset mine at auto zone for free. I dont think it will dealers want you to come in and hook it up in there shop at a min of $65 or more.

The light will shut off after 3 complete error-free driving cycles. Meaning if you start it cold, get it up to temp, shut off, let cool down. That is one cycle. 2-3 days of driving to work should clear it. Or like others said, go to autozone and have them clear it.

I use EFILive so it is easy to read and clear codes.

Also, just had this done on my 08 at just about 50K. Fortunately it was covered under my extended warranty. Speaking with the mechanic, he tells me they changed the guard from a corrugated cardboard type to a rubber type. He said it was salt intrusion causing my problem.

The Autozone in my area sez they cannot reset codes. Gonna be at least a week before I can even consider crawling under the truck to replace this part....snow on the ground and cold here in the Northeast....now, if it gets near 30*, I might go for it

The Autozone in my area sez they cannot reset codes. Gonna be at least a week before I can even consider crawling under the truck to replace this part....snow on the ground and cold here in the Northeast....now, if it gets near 30*, I might go for it

WOO HOO !!!! almost 40* out today, installed the ordered part....three trips later, light is off :dunno:

Ok I did some searching before getting on here to ask for help. Trying to do some maintenance and repairs myself and save some $$$. I have a 2003 Silverado and am getting the CEL and a code P0449. I know what this means but am having a issue finding the part. I want to replace it but I have found no place that lists the ac delco part #. Also the Chilton manual mentions a vent hose and electrial connector but the picture doesn't show the electrial. Does anyone know if this part has one and can give me a part # to use?

214-2149 Its a acdelco oem replacement part for a 03 -06 tahoe, sub, alv etc. gm wants 150 for the new desin with a 10 ft hose ran from the gas tank all the way up to the tranny. or buy 214-2149 at advance auto parts for 22.99 your call. i did mine after a guy on here showed me picks of how the part was the same and it worked saved me dis fee and what 80 plus in labor plus parts. I wish i could shake his hand and buy him a beer. I did mine in 20 mins on jack stands.

your auto zone lied the have an obm code reader at the store. I went aleast 5 times in the passed two years. at my local zone.