Evap Vent Valve Solenoid #

...can anyone explain to me where I should be finding this thing? I thought it was above the frame rail between the bed and the cab,...

That's where it is. Trace the hose (5/8" or so) from the Evap Canister to the Vent Valve.

Ok. Thank you very much. Have you had any experience with this? I am just wondeing how I am gonna get it out and more importantly, what is the proper part number. I keep seeing this AC part # 214-2149, but it looks round. The one on my truck looks square and it doesn't look like that round one will fit up there. Any info or tricks? Thanks again.

if its square it part # 214-1105. the solenoid has a hose connected to it and an electrical connection. the parts slides in 2 clips. all you need is a screw driver.

...just wondeing how I am gonna get it out and more importantly, what is the proper part number. I keep seeing this AC part # 214-2149, but it looks round. The one on my truck looks square and it doesn't look like that round one will fit up there...
Took mine out of the '03 to diagnose / bench test it (suggest you do the same unless you're getting a specific code indicating Vent failure(mine bench tested OK)).

It's affixed with a "clip" type thing to a bracket which is not obvious looking at it. I ended up disconnecting hose, elec. connection, unbolting, and wrestling it out as an assy. (had to turn it every which way to extricate it). Once out, I could see and disconnect the "clip", removing it from the bracket, which made re-install easy. It's pretty straightforward. Hose connection fitting was the most troublesome for me.

Note: Your replacement should look the same. I noticed RockAuto has some erroneous depictions of the Vent Valve that shows a picture of the Purge Valve.

Again, thank you very much for your time!! Your info has been helpful. I figured that was the unit, but it just doesn't look like some of the pics I have been seeing on this site. Guess I will just give it a try and get it out of there!! I think thats gonna be the real challenge! Was yours a square or round unit when you got it out? It sounds as though you didn't need to replace yours, so I don't suppose you would know if that 214-2149 AC Delco number is actually the right part for a 2003.

...can anyone explain to me where I should be finding this thing? I thought it was above the frame rail between the bed and the cab,...

That's where it is. Trace the hose (5/8" or so) from the Evap Canister to the Vent Valve.

Ok. Thank you very much. Have you had any experience with this? I am just wondeing how I am gonna get it out and more importantly, what is the proper part number. I keep seeing this AC part # 214-2149, but it looks round. The one on my truck looks square and it doesn't look like that round one will fit up there. Any info or tricks? Thanks again.

if its square it part # 214-1105. the solenoid has a hose connected to it and an electrical connection. the parts slides in 2 clips. all you need is a screw driver.

Ok, thats good to know also. Is there a picture of this part number anywhere? I would like to see it to make sure it looks like mine. Did you replace this unit on a 2003? The only reason I ask is because it seems the the round unit is for 2004 and up trucks. Also looks a lot easier to change on those trucks!! Thanks.

Ok guys, hopefully someone can help me out...... I got the evap vent solenoid off my 2003. It is dead. Can someone point me the replacement part? As I stated before, this is not the round one found on the 2004 and up trucks? I am hoping its the 214-1105. Or is there a gm number for this part that is not the relocator kit for 200.00? Mine looks like this.....post-81176-1285114351_thumb.jpg

post-81176-1285114351_thumb.jpg

Here is another pic of the part off of my 2003.......

post-81176-1285114556_thumb.jpg

take that old evap. solenoid to a gm dealer or auto zone or advance auto and buy it and put it on.. you dont need a part number.

I was hoping to get a part number from the ac delco unit that I could get at Advance auto. The problem is that all the Advance auto's around here don't stock many of these parts. I would have to order it, so I was hoping to get the right part the first time around. Thanks again to all!!

take that old evap. solenoid to a gm dealer or auto zone or advance auto and buy it and put it on.. you dont need a part number.

I was hoping to get a part number from the ac delco unit that I could get at Advance auto. The problem is that all the Advance auto's around here don't stock many of these parts. I would have to order it, so I was hoping to get the right part the first time around. Thanks again to all!!

take your old part to gm. and they will have the new one. mine cost $30.00 included tax. advance and ayto zone would have had to order the part,

take your old part to gm. and they will have the new one. mine cost $30.00 included tax. advance and ayto zone would have had to order the part,

Did just take it over there and they matched it. Put it in last night, light went off on my ride to work this morning. Thanks again to all that hleped.

Hey guys newbie here, just thought I'd chime in on this topic. Had check engine light on for a while now and found out the code po449. After searching awhile I found this forum and bingo. I ordered part#2142149 from Rockauto.com shipped to my door for $22. Got some 5/8 heater hose and clamps and no more CEL :):lol: Thanks for all the info. Oh yeah my truck is 2006 chevy crew cab Z71.

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry for kicking up an old thread but this one has the most info and probably should be a sticky

--

I have done allot of searching for info with regards to the GMT 900 trucks and found little concerning p0449. On my 08 Silverado I had code p0449 and the replacement vent valve was part number 19207763 for $153. I had the dealer pull the vent valve for the 07 suburban part number 25962086 for $35 and it was the same valve as the silverado.

After installation and a few trips to the store and other errands the MIL is still off --

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Did anyone ever get a part number for the one pictured. I also have a 2003 but don't want to pay the high price. Mine looks like the one pictured here. Not the round one Thanks.

I hope you all still keep up with these old threads. I am having the same problem. I have a 2004 GMC Yukon 4WD and went to AutoZone for a check engine light. They told me it was code P0446 which after doing a ton of searching on the topic, went ahead and ordered the vent valve. The one I ordered is the cyclindrical shaped one but after I just took the one it already had on, it looks like the one pictured above posted by B Ditty, looks like a cigarette box shape. I still went ahead and put the one I ordered on. Everything fits besides being able to mount it since it is too bulky. Since I don't have a device to clear the code, I went ahead and disconnected the battery to see if it'll clear this way. Right now, I'm still waiting for everything to clear. I disconnected the battery for about 15 minutes but it was still there, so were the presets on my radio so I figured i should wait longer. I'll advise. But if anyone out there thinks I'm making a bad move for putting in a part that didn't look like the one that was already there, please chime in. Thanks for any input on this.

Edited by pablito31

• 3 weeks later...

Did anyone ever get a part number for the one pictured. I also have a 2003 but don't want to pay the high price. Mine looks like the one pictured here. Not the round one Thanks.

I hope you all still keep up with these old threads. I am having the same problem. I have a 2004 GMC Yukon 4WD and went to AutoZone for a check engine light. They told me it was code P0446 which after doing a ton of searching on the topic, went ahead and ordered the vent valve. The one I ordered is the cyclindrical shaped one but after I just took the one it already had on, it looks like the one pictured above posted by B Ditty, looks like a cigarette box shape. I still went ahead and put the one I ordered on. Everything fits besides being able to mount it since it is too bulky. Since I don't have a device to clear the code, I went ahead and disconnected the battery to see if it'll clear this way. Right now, I'm still waiting for everything to clear. I disconnected the battery for about 15 minutes but it was still there, so were the presets on my radio so I figured i should wait longer. I'll advise. But if anyone out there thinks I'm making a bad move for putting in a part that didn't look like the one that was already there, please chime in. Thanks for any input on this.

I just changed mine for Tahoe 2003, and as per our dealer the box shaped one is not available anymore, I replaced it with the rounded one (GM 25932571 AC 214-2149),

instead of the box shaped GM 10382105 AC 214-1078).

Hey pablito31, any updates?