Silly String

Jealous. If I can't have it, then I want to be sure you don't enjoy it either.

Unfortunately, that is too often the truth.

Nice new pic, Fred.

Thanks Daddy. I thought it needed freshening.

Way to go Fred.

• Replies 391
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So today at school, someone put silly string all over my truck. I took it through touchless wash 3 times for it to get off and it's still there. God I'm so mad right now. I wanted to ask if this messes up the paint. Thanks. :shakehead:

That sucks dude, hopefully it will all come off. I don't get why people do this short of stuff, and they think it's funny. A few months ago, my wife took my truck to visit her parents in Michigan. Ended up parking on the street because they already had 4 cars in the driveway. Someone at some point either clipped my driver side mirror with their mirror or, hit it with some kind of object (my guess is a bat). I'm thinking someone did it on purpose, just by looking how the glass was broken, I was so pissed!

So today at school, someone put silly string all over my truck. I took it through touchless wash 3 times for it to get off and it's still there. God I'm so mad right now. I wanted to ask if this messes up the paint. Thanks. :fume:

Normally it won't...UNLESS you run it through a touchles wash. :shakehead: J/K man, find out who did it and hook a tow strap to their car and yank it around the school parking lot like a tube behind a boat. :fume:

ROFL I can picture that in my head.. but pun that sucks I know your in canada but in america cameras are everywhare and at every school. ask ur principal to review the films.. find out who did it and charge with vandalism or distruction to property, canada has laws right? if not assymble a team find um, and deliver a Texas molly woop. Best of luck.

My school does not have any cameras in the parking lot. Pieces of the string are stuck on the hood pretty good because of the heat from the engine.

Got to give props to Jeff for giving me the idea of dragging the persons vehicle with my truck.

Man, some of you guys are being awfully harsh. It's silly string for crying out loud. Somebody was having fun...I doubt it had anything to do with jealousy.

Yeah man that sucks. Somebody at my school thinks the bed of my truck is a trashcan because I keep finding their Chic-fil-a bags and half empty drink cups when I walk back to my truck after rugby practice.

Get used to that. It's more than one person...Every truck I've ever had was a magnet for McDonald's wrappers and coke cans. Somebody put a WHOLE TIRE in mine once when I lived in Denver.

Man, some of you guys are being awfully harsh. It's silly string for crying out loud. Somebody was having fun...I doubt it had anything to do with jealousy.

Yeah man that sucks. Somebody at my school thinks the bed of my truck is a trashcan because I keep finding their Chic-fil-a bags and half empty drink cups when I walk back to my truck after rugby practice.

Get used to that. It's more than one person...Every truck I've ever had was a magnet for McDonald's wrappers and coke cans. Somebody put a WHOLE TIRE in mine once when I lived in Denver.

Now I'm thinking wingnut did it... wing, you would be surprised how hard it to get that s**t off after it drys. you'd be surprised wht else can destroy a cars finish. a milkshake was thrown on my moms hood of her camery, its peeled off the paint and clearcoat. also balogna can't spell it but the lunch meat. that's another evil trick... sillystring my truck land let me catch you, we will see what happens. :/

I can't even tell you how hot my blood boils when I simply see someone's drink cup or soda can in the bed of my truck after I get out of a restaurant. Who the F in their right mind throws their trash into someone else's vehicle? Oooh man, I tell ya. My blood must reach 105 degrees, and I don't know what might happen if I ever caught someone in the act. Please Lord let that be the day I'm NOT carrying my firearm, if merely for the thought that I would of course not be able to act upon.... putting some holes into one of your stray idiotic sheep.

Every time I read some of these posts I get pissed all over again at the ignorance and blatent disregard some have for other peoples's stuff! :fume: I still can't get past the fact that these are the same people who would probably sue the car company if they did not have their kid buckled up and got in an accident. :shakehead: Too bad we don't live back in the Western days where lynching was legal! :fume: Imagine the looks on their faces when 30 trucks come driving up to surround them and all of us carrying ropes! :fume:

Have faith PUNMAX, those people will get their due... As I always say, "Bad things happen to bad people" and karma is a mean beatch! :fume:

If I were you, I'd report it to the police as vandalism. If I came to the call, I'd write it up as criminal mischief. I've seen that crap stain some trailers which were white...whomever mentioned cameras is right. See if one might've caught it, find them, turn them in, have them arrested, and sue them in small claims for a full detail/lost time and wages.

JP

+1.

i commute to boston every weekday and nearly daily i will find dunkin donuts trash in the bed, bags, empty booze bottles, a sock once...pennies....

a homeless man once.. (that was a fun day..."excuse me, are u ok? yea? u are, good, NOW GET THE EFF outta my bed !!!" IF I EVER SEE YOU AGAIN NEAR MY TRUCK...I'LL...)

Exactly, it's silly string. A chemical product that can easily cause thousands of dollars in damage to your paint...

I can't even tell you how hot my blood boils when I simply see someone's drink cup or soda can in the bed of my truck after I get out of a restaurant. Who the F in their right mind throws their trash into someone else's vehicle? Oooh man, I tell ya. My blood must reach 105 degrees, and I don't know what might happen if I ever caught someone in the act. Please Lord let that be the day I'm NOT carrying my firearm, if merely for the thought that I would of course not be able to act upon.... putting some holes into one of your stray idiotic sheep.

Dude, I think you need some therapy.

Jealous. If I can't have it, then I want to be sure you don't enjoy it either.

Ditto. Thankfully out here in the boonies we don't get so much of that, but I've been out of school for, let's say, quite awhile. Small-mindedness can be so frustrating though. People can be so disappointing! Hopefully you can get that crap off there without too many problems. I would suggest going with the insurance claim - your comprehensive ought to cover it (theft, fire, vandalism) but that also has an annoying aspect because I pay into the same insurance fund as you do and therefore some of your classmates just cost me and you money. :shakehead:

Oh and nice new pic Fred. Love the lettering. One of these days I want to do something like that (once I get the lift kit and summer tires on).

So today at school, someone put silly string all over my truck. I took it through touchless wash 3 times for it to get off and it's still there. God I'm so mad right now. I wanted to ask if this messes up the paint. Thanks. :shakehead:

http://autopia.org/forum/car-detailing/428...-nightmare.html

You're not the first to deal with this stuff.....check out the link.....might be helpful to you ....goodluck