Bluetooth Options For 2008 Silverado

I put in Scosches univeral BT handsfree kit, man that thing is easy as pie. The separate mic is long enough that I mounted it on my visor, ran it down the pillar, under the dash to the glovebox with enough slack to tie up. It uses RCA cables to tie into your aftermarket deck and comes through crystal clear. On top of that the unit comes with a BT transmitter for other devices so if you DAP/PMP you can transmit through BT rather than the crappy FM transmiters. I paid $90 for mine from Best Buy.

I should also mention that I'm using a Palm Treo750 (Windows Smartphone) and it connects automatically and flawlessly. I can't say that though for the Pioneer BT unit that I had paid $200 for to connect into my Premier deck. That thing is crap!

Can you be a little more specific...?

What was the part number? How well did it integrate with your radio? Did you have the nav or non-nav radio? Does it auto mute the radio? How do you access the phone from the head unit? What was the install like?

I'm looking at the Scosche site right now and all ove the internet... I don't see the BFGM Blue Fusion for anywhere near $90 bucks and I don't see it on the Best Buy website.

• Replies 735
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The one I bought was in store: http://www.scosche.com/products/sfID1/217/.../productID/1529

The output goes from the RCA out from the unit to the RCA inputs on my Premier deck. The BT unit has its own volume control (or you can use your phones control) so you can turn your radio down to 1 and it will still come out clear and loud. On my unit though I just switch over to the “AUX1” source input and its nothing but my phone conversation however I have done it with my stereo on and I “ATT” it.

I make/answer my calls with my phone still, I'm starting to use voice dialing more and more. I have my phone mounted off of my windshield. I can post pics of the setup later tonight.

• 2 weeks later...

Update:

I had an email conversation with someone at Scosche. He said the BlueFusion unit for the GMT-900s will be out some time in July and indicated it may retail somewhere around $399. Seems a little steep, but with any other option (for the factory HU) you'd need a lockpick and a bluetooth unit which will put you in that range anyway... and installation may be as easy as pulling the glove box and plugging the included harness into the XM unit.

The waiting begins...

Update:

I had an email conversation with someone at Scosche. He said the BlueFusion unit for the GMT-900s will be out some time in July and indicated it may retail somewhere around $399. Seems a little steep, but with any other option (for the factory HU) you'd need a lockpick and a bluetooth unit which will put you in that range anyway... and installation may be as easy as pulling the glove box and plugging the included harness into the XM unit.

The waiting begins...

I'm waiting on this unit also. When I spoke with them a few weeks ago, they said pricing was going to be around $300 - $400, probably closer to $350. Hopefully the price is not climbing north.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Have any of you seen any further info on the Scosche Blue Fusion? I tried finding something on their web site... no luck. Emailed them last week... no answer.

Also, have any of you had experience with the Coastal Lockpik? Want to do both the cellphone and iPod.

• 3 weeks later...

It's almost here!

I received this email a few moments ago:

Awhile back you requested info on our BLUEFUSION.

http://www.scosche.com/bluefusion

I'm happy to inform you that they will be in stock an 2-3 weeks and we are now taking pre orders over the phone.

If you want to make sure you get one when they first get here call: (800)363-4490 EXT.131

Price $399 + $24(Harness)

Thank you for choosing Scosche!

The Necessary Accessory.

• 4 weeks later...

I picked up one of these BFGM units. Installed in five minutes. Works great. However, for me the phone book does not sync. I don't know how to turn up the volume independent of the radio. Meaning, everytime I use the phone I must turn the volume up again. I don't know how to mute the mic. Over all I like it. It is pricy though. $450. I found a beta unit. They still haven't offically release it yet. I spoke with Scosche and they said the offical release is in the next couple of weeks.

I picked up one of these BFGM units. Installed in five minutes. Works great. However, for me the phone book does not sync. I don't know how to turn up the volume independent of the radio. Meaning, everytime I use the phone I must turn the volume up again. I don't know how to mute the mic. Over all I like it. It is pricy though. $450. I found a beta unit. They still haven't offically release it yet. I spoke with Scosche and they said the offical release is in the next couple of weeks.

Price seems to be going up all the time! Looks like this pioneer unit and a steering wheel control adapter are going to be my choice... anyone have any experience with these units???

http://www.artofsale.net/caraudio/html/FH-P8000BT.htm

Price seems to be going up all the time! Looks like this pioneer unit and a steering wheel control adapter are going to be my choice... anyone have any experience with these units???

http://www.artofsale.net/caraudio/html/FH-P8000BT.htm

I used one in my 2008 HD for several months before getting a Pioneer F90-BT Nav Radio.

It always worked fine and the Bluetooth with my Sony Ericsson was flawless.

• 2 weeks later...

Take a look at the Cell-Site GMCSS-3A harness. It will work with the Motorola unit. The simplest bluetooth kit I have seen is the Parrot CK3000. I have the Parrot CK3100, which includes caller id, in my 2004 Silverado using a different Cell-Site Harness and it works great.

Archived