Bluetooth Options For 2008 Silverado

HAWK: I know that at our dealer we just charge 1 hour labor to program a module, they just need to program the onstar for your vehicle nothing special.

URANUS: if you want I can get the parts and just use paypal to pay me, I would have to add for shipping. after replacing you just tell them you need the onstar reprogrammed (VCIM) for your vehicle nothing special.

when I tried it i just took an 09 off the lot and tried it in a 08. that worked and then I found a used VCIM out of an 09 enclave on ebay for $45 then bought the antenna and buttons. the bluetooth works great once you use it you will love it. have also added it to a 08 yukon hybrid.

• Replies 735
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would like to hear how everyone is coming with their bluetooth upgrade and how they like it. if needed i can give GM replacement and programming instructions just pm me

Is the VCIM difficult to install? Also, 07crewsierra you are sure these are the right part numbers:

vcim # 20783877

antenna # 15938939

steering wheel switch # 25851951

I have an 08 Silverado Crew i would imagine all the parts are the same

it is fairly easy to install on SLE model it is behind the lower trim panel in the center of the dash. on the SLT models it is under you radio, you will need to remove the climate control head and radio to get to it.

Communication Interface Module Replacement (without RPO SLT)

1816359.gif

tif.gif

Callout

Component Name

Preliminary Procedure

Remove the instrument panel lower center panel. Refer to Instrument Panel Lower Center Trim Replacement.

Communication Interface Module

Tip

• Push outward on the tab to release the communication interface module from the bracket.

• Disconnect the electrical connectors.

• Reprogram the communication interface module after replacement. Refer to

Control Module References.

• If replacing the communication interface module be sure to transfer Bluetooth Antenna, if equipped.

Communication Interface Module Replacement (with RPO SLT)

1815902.gif

tif.gif

Callout

Component Name

Preliminary Procedure

1. <LI type=1>Remove the instrument panel accessory trim plate. Refer to
Instrument Panel Accessory Trim Plate Replacement. <LI type=1>Remove the HVAC control module. Refer to HVAC Control Module Replacement or HVAC Control Module Replacement.
Remove the radio. Refer to Radio Replacement.

Communication Interface Module

Tip

• Push outward on the 2 tabs to release the communication interface module from the bracket.

• Disconnect the electrical connectors.

• Reprogram the communication interface module after replacement. Refer to

Control Module References.

• When replacing the communication interface module be sure to transfer Bluetooth Antenna, if equipped.

Can you post pics of the steering wheel buttons as well. Also any install instructions for them.

Edit: Also, doesn't the new 09's have XM traffic capability? Could we perform a XM module change out to get this capability or would that require a new NAV unit as well.

Think I should just trade my 07 for an 09, lol.

I dont have any pics right now of the steering wheel buttons, there is 2 part numbers for the steering wheel controls, 1 has black steering wheel trim and the other is for grey steering wheel trim. havent tried the xm module for traffic capability

the phone number shows up in you dic whether you have nav or not, the thing I really like is that if your radio is cranked up and you blower motor is turned on high and someone calls you it will turn the radio off and also turn the blower motor to low.

07Crewsierra

I ordered the parts you listed from my local GMC dealer (thank you for providing I have been trying to get them to figure this out for months now) and they are attempting to order. The antenna and the switch were no problem but they are having an issue with the VCIM. They placed the order with GMC and for some reason it canceled, something about needing an '09 serial number. They are now trying to get it from the supplier, can you let me know exactly what you did to order the VCIM? Any information would be helpful. For those of you wondering about cost, the price I am being quoted is $357 for the VCIM, $40 for the antenna and $30 for the switch. Thanks again for paving the way on this.

HAWK: I know that at our dealer we just charge 1 hour labor to program a module, they just need to program the onstar for your vehicle nothing special.

URANUS: if you want I can get the parts and just use paypal to pay me, I would have to add for shipping. after replacing you just tell them you need the onstar reprogrammed (VCIM) for your vehicle nothing special.

when I tried it i just took an 09 off the lot and tried it in a 08. that worked and then I found a used VCIM out of an 09 enclave on ebay for $45 then bought the antenna and buttons. the bluetooth works great once you use it you will love it. have also added it to a 08 yukon hybrid.

07crewsierra: thanks for your offer to use paypal for payment to purchasing the parts; however, I placed an order with one of the GM-Trucks.com supporting vendors before I saw your response.

I will update this thread once I have everything installed and working. The VCIM cost $265 ($215 + $50 for shipping and handling), antenna around $25 total. I don't know whether this vendor will have the same issue with GM releasing the VCIM without a 09 VIN. To be continued…

I just had another thought. I have not seen any info that the OEM unit will stream audio via an IPOD/cell phone/etc. Can anyone that has this confirm or deny

Thanks

07crewsierra: thanks for your offer to use paypal for payment to purchasing the parts; however, I placed an order with one of the GM-Trucks.com supporting vendors before I saw your response.

I will update this thread once I have everything installed and working. The VCIM cost $265 ($215 + $50 for shipping and handling), antenna around $25 total. I don't know whether this vendor will have the same issue with GM releasing the VCIM without a 09 VIN. To be continued…

Archived