In 20 seconds you can become part of the worlds largest and oldest community discussing General Motors, Chevrolet and GMC branded pickups, crossovers, and SUVs. From buying research to owner support, join 1.5 MILLION GM Truck Enthusiasts every month who use GM-Trucks.com as a daily part of their ownership experience. 

Sign in to follow this  
CCRyder

Heated Seat Kit - 17803282

this part number here 17803282 is the one id need for the real truck dash one? also is it a must to have this programmed at the dealer?

I am not quite understanding what you mean in the first question (that # is the kit I used), but the answer to your second question is yes this add-on kit must be programmed into the truck. If you do not let the truck know it has heated seats via programming then they will NOT turn on. The module will have power but the system is not active at all w/o programming.

Edited by CDFiXER

Don't mean to derail the thread but I asked this in a previous thread and it was never replied to. I found some aftermarket "carbon fiber" heated seat elements for $80, and my drivers side elements are shot (based on the symptoms i've read from other threads I found). Has anyone else installed after markets to existing wiring?

$80 is a lot easier to do than $300 plus for the top/bottom elements from GMpartsdirect

Thanks for your input.

-JR

I was snooping around on gmpartsdirect looking for something else when I noticed a 'heated seats' section that I did not remember seeing before. I clicked on it and under 'element' there were the two elements --> seat cushion one is $35.30 and the seat back one is $36.44. No part numbers were given, even if I added them to my shopping cart. They were under Electrical --> Body Electrical --> Heated Seats --> Element.

I am wondering if the $300 is the entire kit?

this part number here 17803282 is the one id need for the real truck dash one? also is it a must to have this programmed at the dealer?

I am not quite understanding what you mean in the first question (that # is the kit I used), but the answer to your second question is yes this add-on kit must be programmed into the truck. If you do not let the truck know it has heated seats via programming then they will NOT turn on. The module will have power but the system is not active at all w/o programming.

i want to make sure i get the right switches with the kit. i need the ones that go in the dash not the door panel.

When you order the kit the dealer will use your VIN. This should assure the correct kit comes in.

Thanks for the info. I am not sure I like the dashboard mounted controls, but that storage space is about useless. I'll grab a set when I go with Katzkin leather.

I had the dealer where i purchased my truck install minefor 530.00 total. I had the button put by the electric seat control and it turned out perfect.

Just so I can make sure my information is correct.

19159306 is the part number for the heated seat kit with a door bezel switch.

17803282 is the part number for the heated seat kit with the dash mount bezel.

Is there any difference in the kits other than that?

<br />Just so I can make sure my information is correct.<br /><br />19159306 is the part number for the heated seat kit with a door bezel switch.<br />17803282 is the part number for the heated seat kit with the dash mount bezel.<br /><br />Is there any difference in the kits other than that?<br />
<br /><br /><br />

I'd like to know as well.

That is correct 19159306 is for a door bezel for like an LTZ style door and the 17803282 is the dash mounted style, this is what I used, that is for the "truck" dash. That is the only difference between the kits.

That is correct 19159306 is for a door bezel for like an LTZ style door and the 17803282 is the dash mounted style, this is what I used, that is for the "truck" dash. That is the only difference between the kits.

kinda old thread but I saw the pic of the switches mounted in the dash but does anyone have pictures of the switches mounted in the door? than

CDFiXER,

I just had part number 17803282 (heated seats) installed by the dealer. They work great except I hear a click under the dash when I turn them on or off. Don't hear a click when changing temperature. It sounds like a relay. I don't think they are connected correctly. Do you hear a click by BCM when you turn on the heated seats?

Yes I could hear a click. If the radio was on, blower motor was on at any speed, or going down the road then I could not hear the click.

I was made (IMO) a realllllly good deal on a 2011 along with a reallllly good offer for my 2009. So now I have a 2011 with the heater switches in each door. I can hear a click at about the same volume level, but again even with low radio volume, blower motor running,and/or going down the road then I can not hear the click.

From a very quick glance (and if I recall correctly) at the electronics module in the kit, I got the impression that the designer was using a contactor (heavy duty relay) to enable power to switching electronics that handled the various heat (power) levels. The box was also handling the feedback from the thermistor(s) and either resistance or amp draw of the element (for safety). If someone has a smoked control box I could probably reverse 'injuneer' it enough to tell for sure. It was not potted so no tricks with solvents, heat, or nastiness needed. Just good ol' multi-layer SMT and thru-hole construction.

I think I remember now, the relay is a power feed relay that kicks power to the module when the BCM calls for it.

I either had schematics or had links to them at one time and thats what I found. Probably ought to double check that.

Thanks for quick reply...I had a 2007 loaded avalanche and don't remember the clicking, but it could have and I didn't notice it. I currenlty have a 2011 silverado LT and will check in the morning to see if they come on when I remote start. It's not really cold enough right now. You're correct on the clicking being very quite. I can only hear it when nothing else is on.

BTW- dealer charged me 4 1/2 hours labor for the install but it took him about 7 hours.