Shelby Cobra 0-60 3.2 Secs 1000ft/lbs Torque ! ! ! ! &

• 2 years later...

My car gets 1.6 60fts and 11.3 @120mph On motor ;-) and in 7.2 sec im at 95mph in 1/8th so thats faster the that cars 0~60mph easy. If u still dont think so their another 175hp on a button just waiting ive never used on track. Is that car faster on top endyeah it better its has double the power but i got it covered in 1/4.. When i get my new rear end with 4.30 gears imlooking for 10.9 all motor because im still on stock 3.42 geared 10 bolt. Btw i get 28mpg on hwy

My car gets 1.6 60fts and 11.3 @120mph On motor ;-) and in 7.2 sec im at 95mph in 1/8th so thats faster the that cars 0~60mph easy. If u still dont think so their another 175hp on a button just waiting ive never used on track. Is that car faster on top endyeah it better its has double the power but i got it covered in 1/4.. When i get my new rear end with 4.30 gears imlooking for 10.9 all motor because im still on stock 3.42 geared 10 bolt. Btw i get 28mpg on hwy

Thats because unlike a Mustang a Camaro gets decent traction, and doesn't spin half way down the track.

I would say your in the 3.2-3.5 range still, I guessing you have a 3200lb+ car and at around that weight in the 500-700 hp range only gets you that range. You would have to lightened your car in the 700-1,000lb range to get the 0-60mph range lower. I not saying your car is not fast..please don't take it that way please..:)

It is just to get below that 3.2 range is very tricky for three things: Weight, power, and traction. My step-brother picked up his Superformance Cobra with a Bennett racing 427 in the spring, very few times has he been able to nail a 0-60 at around 3-seconds and that with 60' times at 1.55. Hell even Hennessey's had some good driver's test his Corvette with drag radials and only hit 2.9 60 times..

http://www.hennesseyperformance.com/corvettezr750.html

Rob

Thats because unlike a Mustang a Camaro gets decent traction, and doesn't spin half way down the track.

That's not true..! Alot has to do with set-up, driver, gears,etc..spend some time at the track and just watch for hours..Driver's like sic lsx will tell you it takes time and patience to get any car running real well. I see the same driver's week after week at the Concord track, my step brother and his friends pratically live there, thats why they can't keep a girl friend longer that a month... :)

Rob

my car 0-60 is 2.87 ;) just looked it up. You go off you 1/8 mile time and mph! Its all about setup!

http://www.wallaceracing.com/0-60_equation.php

My car bone ass stock went 8.50's and thats 4.04 0-60 not far off of that 1000hp car 300,000k car!!! With only 320hp z28

You are right about set-up, that and practice will get you good times. Everybody wants there car/truck to go fast at the track the first day, but it never really works out that way.

my car 0-60 is 2.87 ;) just looked it up. You go off you 1/8 mile time and mph! Its all about setup!

http://www.wallaceracing.com/0-60_equation.php

My car bone ass stock went 8.50's and thats 4.04 0-60 not far off of that 1000hp car 300,000k car!!! With only 320hp z28

You are right about set-up, that and practice will get you good times. Everybody wants there car/truck to go fast at the track the first day, but it never really works out that way.

That calculators wrong, think about it, look at your 1/8 mile mph. It takes around 4-seconds for your car to go from 60-95...? that would be slow if you are going by 0-60 in 2.87..? and that would throw your 1/4 times off too.

There has to weight,horsepower, and auto and stick factored in there too...what do you think.? I know its not your first rodeo...:)

Rob

Archived