In 20 seconds you can become part of the worlds largest and oldest community discussing General Motors, Chevrolet and GMC branded pickups, crossovers, and SUVs. From buying research to owner support, join 1.5 MILLION GM Truck Enthusiasts every month who use GM-Trucks.com as a daily part of their ownership experience. 

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

larry arizona

Future H2 (gmt 915) Cancelled

GM has fianlly made and internal announcement that they are not going to build a new H2 for MY 2011. Also scrapped is the future Avalanche and Cadillac EXT. So when the current style models run there course, they will be done (H2 2010 and assume that ava and EXT will run at least 5 more years)

That does not surprise me at all a/b the Hummer.

It does surprise me about the Avalanche. I will miss it.

The avalance is pretty popular :shakehead:

Hey Larry, where did you get that (Corp Internal Memo, Dealerworld, DVM Field Office), just wondering...

That does not surprise me at all a/b the Hummer.

It does surprise me about the Avalanche. I will miss it.

Same here,But even the Avalanche and Escalade EXT doesn't suprise me,We never did sell a lot of either one...and we sell quite a few trucks/suvs here.

Noooooooo! Avalanche was going to be my next truck!

You still have a few years!!

If you were being serious!! :shakehead:

It was a CSM memo.

Now he's gonna' have to kill us :shakehead:

damn, there goes the farm, kill me now..

You still have a few years!!

If you were being serious!! :D

Hell yes I'm serious! I love the Avalanche! My g/f really likes them too, and since she's probably going to be my wife...Who am I to argue? :D

I *may* defect to a Sierra Denali next, but I'm pretty set on an Avalanche when it's time to replace Fred.

Doesn't really surprise me. It always seems like they take a tried and true performer, and stick in a box. +1 on the Avalanche.

Same here on the Avalanche for consideration for my next truck, especially if the 6.2 is available.

Ride comfort of a Suburban, since sells are low, fully equipped around $33K OTD compared with $42-44K of the Sub. 31gal fuel tank. Tight turning radius. Same tow capacity as my current 6300GVW rated 1500.

I don't haul very much heavy stuff, just volume of stuff. The only minus I see, or should say hard to see visability.

I can see getting rid of the Cadillac EXT, that didn't make much marketing sense to me.

GM is going to put all SUV's on unibody construction by 2012 and drop some of the slow sellers to make the EPA fuel requirements for 2015.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.