In 20 seconds you can become part of the worlds largest and oldest community discussing General Motors, Chevrolet and GMC branded pickups, crossovers, and SUVs. From buying research to owner support, join 1.5 MILLION GM Truck Enthusiasts every month who use GM-Trucks.com as a daily part of their ownership experience. 

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

We ordered an Acadia at the begining of April and hopefully it will be in our hands in less than 2 weeks. I plan on keeping the XM promotion going for the 3months but might switch to sirius. Does anyone know where the XM brains are installed. My moms SRX is on the right rear panel and mine in my sierra is behind the glovebox. Now since the acadia are obviously related is this where the Acadia's unit might reside. I wish it was behind the glove box but I know that is asking to much.

Hopefully the FCC gets their decision done soon so maybe I do not have to convert to sirius but I could only hope.

Thanks

How do you plan on converting? I have an Outlook and the XM trial period is almost over, and we really don't like it, we like Sirius so much more, but the "brain" can't be swapped out, they haven't released the SIR-GM3A yet. I am waiting for an email from these guys to tell me it's out: http://www.tss-radio.com/

yeah my bro has an 08 silverado and hes still waiting for the converter gizmo to come out, instead he just uses the old plug in "transmitter unit" from his other truck, doesn`t sound as good though.

How do you plan on converting? I have an Outlook and the XM trial period is almost over, and we really don't like it, we like Sirius so much more, but the "brain" can't be swapped out, they haven't released the SIR-GM3A yet. I am waiting for an email from these guys to tell me it's out: http://www.tss-radio.com/

I was planning on getting the new unit when it comes out and use the XM antenna as well for a cleaner install.

http://www.tss-radio.com/sirius-single-inp...ter-p-3883.html

I havn't signed up for the e-mail notification yet but will soon. TSS Radio is where I get a lot of my stuff. Never got the antenna wire for my Sierra but the SRX doesn't seem to have an issue with it. Except for Best Buy saying that you can't use the XM antenna. Circuit City didn't have a problem with it though.

XM has a promotion on now - one year for 77 dollars.

Give them a call and tell them you got an email with the "zwinback" promotion and you want the rate for 77 bucks.

but XM doesnt have howard stern now does it. Pervs. :lol:

XM has a promotion on now - one year for 77 dollars.

Give them a call and tell them you got an email with the "zwinback" promotion and you want the rate for 77 bucks.

but XM doesnt have howard stern now does it. Pervs. :lol:

Yes I do listen to Howie, but we really like the music programming a lot more on Sirius. XM is better than terrestrial, but not by much.

Sirius,

Did you get your Acadia yet?

If so, I'd like to chat with you about it. Drop me a note at: [email protected] (And don't sorry, I'm not a salesperson or anything.)

Thanks!

Steve

We ordered an Acadia at the begining of April and hopefully it will be in our hands in less than 2 weeks. I plan on keeping the XM promotion going for the 3months but might switch to sirius. Does anyone know where the XM brains are installed. My moms SRX is on the right rear panel and mine in my sierra is behind the glovebox. Now since the acadia are obviously related is this where the Acadia's unit might reside. I wish it was behind the glove box but I know that is asking to much.

Hopefully the FCC gets their decision done soon so maybe I do not have to convert to sirius but I could only hope.

Thanks

Barring any problems we are getting it tonight. Send me a PM if you do not want to ask in this thread.

Sirius,

Having had the Acadia only for a few days might not give you enough time to make a thorough judgment. However, we'll keep you on file for a future issue, if you like?

Thanks!

Steve

Barring any problems we are getting it tonight. Send me a PM if you do not want to ask in this thread.

Sirius,

Having had the Acadia only for a few days might not give you enough time to make a thorough judgment. However, we'll keep you on file for a future issue, if you like?

Thanks!

Steve

Sure thing. The only positive so far (besides all the obvious) is that she likes the satellite radio. If they finally merge I can have 1 subscription and only have to program the ipod for when we go on vacation. No negatives yet.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.