Evap Vent Valve Location

nharrel

Question

133 answers to this question

I just replaced mine on my 2006 sierra also...it is at the end of the fuel tank towards the front of the truck...you have to relocate the breather canister when you replace it...if you need more info let me know I just went through the same thing....I am new at this forum also so I hope you are better than me at navigating through this and send me a message...

is it easy to replace

Just wanted to give this thread another thumbs up. :( I have a 2006 GMC Sierra Crew Cab Z71 and was getting codes P0449 and P0455. Replace my canister with ACDELCO 2142149 from Rock Auto (less than $20), along with some rubber heater hose and clips (less than $5). Installation was easy and the check engine light turned off the next day.

Thanks for the great info. :P

Just wanted to post and say "Thanks" to odayflor and everyone who contributed info on the repair for code po449, at least it did work for my truck!!

I went to my local Advance Auto Parts and bought the AC Delco part # 214-2149 which is the same exact part that was originally on my '06 1500 crewcab!

Cost for the solenoid was $23, plus the piece of heater hose & 2 clamps.

Guess I'm curious as to why GM wants to "update" with remote filter, what is the advantage of it?

Funny thing too, after completing the swap of the solenoid, started up the truck, rolled it down the ramps , let it run for a few minutes to move the ramps out of the way and got back into the truck to park it, the engine light was off and has been ever since!!

Again, thanks for the help!! :thumbs:

WELCOME!!!!!!!!]

Just wanted to give this thread another thumbs up. :driving: I have a 2006 GMC Sierra Crew Cab Z71 and was getting codes P0449 and P0455. Replace my canister with ACDELCO 2142149 from Rock Auto (less than $20), along with some rubber heater hose and clips (less than $5). Installation was easy and the check engine light turned off the next day.

Thanks for the great info. :)

Ian -

I have the '06 Chevy version of your truck (crew cab Z71) - but I can't seem to locate the canister. I've looked at the pics that have been posted here - crawled under the truck yesterday (it's cold in Indy right now) but no luck. Where was it located on your truck? I think if I can physically "see" it, life will be a bit simpler from there. Hopefully it isn't mounted somewhere on top of the tank?

Thanks in advance.

• Like 1

I have a 1999 sierra 5.3 and this vent valve fit on without any trouble at all. even the stock hose fit right up...only thing was because this valve is a bit bigger the bracket needed a slight tweek (just bend it a bit).

Don't think twice about using this part number...it's a no brainer fit.

I have an 06 crew cab. once i order the part how do I know where to run the hoses? everyone is talking about purchasing the extra hose but where the hell does it go? lol did i miss a post?

The old hose will need to be cut as close to the valve as possible. The hose in your question is not an extra hose, you will use it to connect the old hose to the new valve. You will only need 3 to four inches and two hose clamps.