Can't Lift A Denali?

Hey all, I am new here.

Just purchased my 08 Denali AWD, got scared reading the first part of the thread but its amazing to know that this thing can sit up a bit higher. I plan on going 6 inches up as well. If you dont mind do you have any more room for a bigger tire or is the 35 fit snug?

Thanks

BTW - Bad ass truck there Outlaw

Hey all, I am new here.

Just purchased my 08 Denali AWD, got scared reading the first part of the thread but its amazing to know that this thing can sit up a bit higher. I plan on going 6 inches up as well. If you dont mind do you have any more room for a bigger tire or is the 35 fit snug?

Thanks

It's easy to lift a Denali. I started this thread and I just lifted mine. 6" is fine but the 33" tire on the stock rim rubbed. Once I trimmed, it fit fine. A 35" with a superlift on any wheel would definately rub a bunch.

Bad news is you ABSOLUELY MUST install a double cardan driveshaft. You could have yours modified, some spent $350 having the stocker modded, I just had a new stronger shaft built.

Truck looks much better 1. Lifted and 2. minus all that gaudy chrome!

post-54219-1227402392_thumb.jpg

post-54219-1227402498_thumb.jpg

• 6 months later...

I know that you can lift a Denali, as I have done that very thing. I lifted a 2005 Denali, AWD, fully loaded, stabiltrac or autoride or whatever its called. My requirements were that everything needed to work, and it would have to appear factory. I was told you cannot do it. Wrong! I called Superlift, and after talking with their tech dept, I bought two lift kits thru 4 Wheel Parts and Accesories in Houston, Texas. After I got it back, it looked perfect, the front tires were dead on (No extra camber/caster, etc...) everything worked, no rattles, squeaks, rode fine. It costs a bit more, because you end up buying two lift kits, One I think fits a Tahoe and the other fits an Escalade. It takes and hold alignments, goes straight, and rides right. It feels a bit top heavy, but we added 3" to its hight.

I know that you can lift a Denali, as I have done that very thing. I lifted a 2005 Denali, AWD, fully loaded, stabiltrac or autoride or whatever its called. My requirements were that everything needed to work, and it would have to appear factory. I was told you cannot do it. Wrong! I called Superlift, and after talking with their tech dept, I bought two lift kits thru 4 Wheel Parts and Accesories in Houston, Texas. After I got it back, it looked perfect, the front tires were dead on (No extra camber/caster, etc...) everything worked, no rattles, squeaks, rode fine. It costs a bit more, because you end up buying two lift kits, One I think fits a Tahoe and the other fits an Escalade. It takes and hold alignments, goes straight, and rides right. It feels a bit top heavy, but we added 3" to its hight.

Where the hell were you 8 months ago when he needed this info?

:rolleyes:

• 3 weeks later...
After reading this forum I went and got a CST lift for my Denali. I put 8'' of lift under mine and put 37'' Nitto Terra Graplers with 24'' rims.

Have any pics of it without the fender flares?

Honestly, if you didnt put on the fender flares and maybe stuck with 22s... that'd be one sick ride IMO (but everyone has their own tastes)

Edit: oh and i hate the hotwheels lightning bolts on the Terra Grapplers too... so they need to go :troll:

Edited by sk1er18

After reading this forum I went and got a CST lift for my Denali. I put 8'' of lift under mine and put 37'' Nitto Terra Graplers with 24'' rims.

Ah, another offroad only vehicle, blacked out lights front and rear.

I think it looks pretty good. I'm personally not a fan of the 24's, but I like the truck. One of these days I will be adding some flares.

Matt your truck would look sick with some black painted flares!

I just don't think they go good on Dave's truck, being the Denali and with 24s (still wish it had 22s :uhoh: ). I'm a fan of both looks... yours would have more of a badass tone, whereas the Denali has more of a classy tone; both are sweet IMO...you don't have to go mudding every weekend to have a sweet truck (like some people tend to think :troll:) , it's like the big boys version of model making... we've all built models when we were kids, don't try to deny it; now we get to drive our 'models' around like we've always dreamed about :lol:

Edited by sk1er18

I just don't think they go good on Dave's truck, being the Denali and with 24s (still wish it had 22s :uhoh: ). I'm a fan of both looks... yours would have more of a badass tone, whereas the Denali has more of a classy tone; both are sweet IMO...you don't have to go mudding every weekend to have a sweet truck (like some people tend to think :troll: ) , it's like the big boys version of model making... we've all built models when we were kids, don't try to deny it; now we get to drive our 'models' around like we've always dreamed about :lol:

overall I like the white denali, but those terra grapplers blow you need something with more meat on it...especially cuz its on 24's... u dont want ur tires to be mistaken for street tires.. cuz then ur going for a whole 'nother look u know.

I just don't think they go good on Dave's truck, being the Denali and with 24s (still wish it had 22s :D ). I'm a fan of both looks... yours would have more of a badass tone, whereas the Denali has more of a classy tone; both are sweet IMO...you don't have to go mudding every weekend to have a sweet truck (like some people tend to think :thumbs: ) , it's like the big boys version of model making... we've all built models when we were kids, don't try to deny it; now we get to drive our 'models' around like we've always dreamed about :)

Well put. Call me a poser, but my truck was just a little too expensive to be a hardcore offroad rig. Call me a street queen, mall princess, or whatever. The only time my truck goes offroad is at the beach.

i think the truck looks pretty good. i would have stuck with 20-22's and no fender flares, but i still like the truck

Hey all, I am new here.

Thanks

6" is fine but the 33" tire on the stock rim rubbed. Once I trimmed, it fit fine. A 35" with a superlift on any wheel would definately rub a bunch.

i have the 6" superlift with 35's and with some trimming i don't rub at all. the fender openings on the silverado's are pretty much the same as the sierra's

• 7 months later...
Hey all, I am new here.

Thanks

It's easy to lift a Denali. I started this thread and I just lifted mine. 6" is fine but the 33" tire on the stock rim rubbed. Once I trimmed, it fit fine. A 35" with a superlift on any wheel would definately rub a bunch.

Bad news is you ABSOLUELY MUST install a double cardan driveshaft. You could have yours modified, some spent $350 having the stocker modded, I just had a new stronger shaft built.

Truck looks much better 1. Lifted and 2. minus all that gaudy chrome!

can you post a few pic of what your triming work look if this is not too much of a task...ill need to do a little to stop my 305/55/20 to stop rubbing and im not very familiar with triming...thanks and man that truck look great!!!! :shakehead: