Can't Lift A Denali?

I don't know how people are lifting there Denali without vibration because my driveshaft angle hasn't changed.

Everyone: You can easily lift a Denali with AWD. All you need to do (which none of the suspension companies) (I think) is to take your stock front driveshaft down to your friendly drive shaft shop (Local) Tell them to put a double cardan joint on the transfer case side and reinstall. Voila! You're done, drive forth and do good things.

I don't know how people are lifting there Denali without vibration because my driveshaft angle hasn't changed.

Everyone: You can easily lift a Denali with AWD. All you need to do (which none of the suspension companies) (I think) is to take your stock front driveshaft down to your friendly drive shaft shop (Local) Tell them to put a double cardan joint on the transfer case side and reinstall. Voila! You're done, drive forth and do good things.

That doesn't answer the question of why I have a vibration from the CV JOINTS with my leveling kit and guys with a 6" lift don't have the same problem.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

I've lifted my 2012 Denali using the 4" BDS lift kit and I have vibration issues when I decellerate whenever I'm going 65+ mph. Took it to a driveshaft place and they said they had never done anything like that so they couldn't help. Any one got any ideas? Maybe a part number or something?

• 10 months later...

Hey guys. I'm new here. Never been on a forum before. I've hunted everywhere for some information and I hope this is an ok place to ask. Just bought a 13 denali 1500. Getting ready to lift it. Thinking about the bds coilover kit. My question is...is there any chance of fitting 37's under it? I've seen a few with 35's and it looks like there might be room. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

• 4 months later...

I have a 2005 Sierra Denali that I am about to install a Rough Country 4" ntd lift on. The lift drops the differential a full 4" so the cv axle angle will remain unchanged and within factory specs. The front driveshaft angle will change due to the differential drop and I will have a dual cardan joint added to the front driveshaft if I have any vibration after the install. Do you guys foresee any other possible problems that I should be aware of before beginning the install?

I am really hoping that going with a 4" lift instead of a 6" will reduce the possibility for vibrations.

Thanks for the help and great info,

Derek

• 2 months later...

I have a 2005 Sierra Denali that I am about to install a Rough Country 4" ntd lift on. The lift drops the differential a full 4" so the cv axle angle will remain unchanged and within factory specs. The front driveshaft angle will change due to the differential drop and I will have a dual cardan joint added to the front driveshaft if I have any vibration after the install. Do you guys foresee any other possible problems that I should be aware of before beginning the install?

I am really hoping that going with a 4" lift instead of a 6" will reduce the possibility for vibrations.

Thanks for the help and great info,

Derek

Derek, I have an 05 and wondering how things went for you?

• 2 years later...

i have a 2005 Yukon Denali awd lifted with the rough country 6 inch lift,

i have a small vibration when  coasting with out a strain on drivetrain in front shaft only( actually not much vibration, just a vibration noise more than feeling it)    , i am going to get the double joint shaft and that  should eliminate this issue,

the stabil-trak light is on at moment, but i am going to reinstall the factory front shocks with extension to see how it handles and rides,

at the moment, the yukon drives and rides almost identical to before lifted,  i have 35-12.50-20 tires and rims

front rims are a positive 18mm offset 20x9

rears are 0 offset  20x9

the wheels set just outside the fenders , clearance is great , had to trim a little on the front bumper on bottom, and just a little off the

rear inner fender where the denali has the extended running boards and flare  ( where it extends into the inner fender well on the rear of the front end ,  you cannot tell where i have cut this area due to it was on the inside of the fender well,

yukon d 3.PNG

yukon d 2.PNG

yukon d 1.PNG

Edited by billy jett
correct words

• 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...

New to this forum. I found a longer drive shaft on Rough country website they said it would work with any lift 5in to 7in lift. Has anyone tried the longer drive shaft and  bought  a lift to go with it? And if so did your truck drive the same afterwards. Thanks for your feed back!. I hope I not stuck with a stock leveled truck. I have 2007 AWD GMC Denali thanks!