Stopped By My Local Dealer Today....

I stopped by my local dealer today and asked about the current deals and what i could get for an 08 or 09.

All they offered me on an 08 was the 5K rebate, I couldn't do 0% and 5K rebates.

I asked about what the invoice would be on a 09 SLT 6.0 CC (MSRP was 40K) and was told invoice was only about 3K off max.

I also inquired about ordering a 09 truck and was told I need a 10 or 8% down to order a truck and price would not be negotiated until the truck was at the lot. If we couldn't work out a deal then there goes my 4K deposit.

I asked about if waiting a month for better deals? I was told its truck month and will be the best deals until maybe April sense after truck month, business is busier because people are buying cars for presents, etc.

I'm excited about getting a new GMC crew cab. I was going to hold out for an 09 6.0 or 6.2 with 6 speed but now am thinking of a 08 6.0 or 08 Denali if i could get it down to 32 or 30K.

I was also told that getting a 40 - 42K MSRP truck down that low is unrealistic.

I have heard about great 10K+ deals on this forum and am wondering if anyone can recommend a dealer in AZ or should I just hold tight for a couple of months???

Thanks in advance for the input!

I stopped by my local dealer today and asked about the current deals and what i could get for an 08 or 09.

All they offered me on an 08 was the 5K rebate, I couldn't do 0% and 5K rebates.

I asked about what the invoice would be on a 09 SLT 6.0 CC (MSRP was 40K) and was told invoice was only about 3K off max.

I also inquired about ordering a 09 truck and was told I need a 10 or 8% down to order a truck and price would not be negotiated until the truck was at the lot. If we couldn't work out a deal then there goes my 4K deposit.

I asked about if waiting a month for better deals? I was told its truck month and will be the best deals until maybe April sense after truck month, business is busier because people are buying cars for presents, etc.

I'm excited about getting a new GMC crew cab. I was going to hold out for an 09 6.0 or 6.2 with 6 speed but now am thinking of a 08 6.0 or 08 Denali if i could get it down to 32 or 30K.

I was also told that getting a 40 - 42K MSRP truck down that low is unrealistic.

I have heard about great 10K+ deals on this forum and am wondering if anyone can recommend a dealer in AZ or should I just hold tight for a couple of months???

Thanks in advance for the input!

It all depends on the national rebates being offered. There is a rumor that another rebate is coming on sat so you might have some working power in a couple of days...cannot confirm this anymore as my GM Global Connect USER ID and Password have been permanently disabled. :thumbs:

What is a reasonable starting point when negotiating the price on a truck.

Should I demand to see the invoice and then minus rebates off the invoice and try to work it down from there.

Is that reasonable?

Thanks for the rebates heads up!

With the economy tanking and stock market in the freefall, you are better off waiting a while. They will be begging you to take a truck off their hands at $ 15k off the sticker pretty soon. And I am talking new 09s.

With the economy tanking and stock market in the freefall, you are better off waiting a while. They will be begging you to take a truck off their hands at $ 15k off the sticker pretty soon. And I am talking new 09s.

That would be GREAT! Dont get me wrong, it sucks about the economy and all. I guess i just need to calm the hell down and wait a few months. It will be interesting to see what Christmas, the new year and new president bring to our ailing economy.

That would be GREAT! Dont get me wrong, it sucks about the economy and all. I guess i just need to calm the hell down and wait a few months. It will be interesting to see what Christmas, the new year and new president bring to our ailing economy.

I would not listen to one single thing any salesmen is trying to bs you about, plain and simple no trucks are moving at all. Only people looking to buy trucks at this time are people that absolutley need them, and most times those people are not looking for the dressed up fully loaded models since they are all used as a work rig. Right now a 40k truck imo before it even drives 2 feet off the lot needs to have at a minimum 10,000 dollars taken off it's price tag, once it has been sitting on the lot for 6-12 months they will be looking to just get it the hell off their lot and it will be most likely be around 15k off the sticker. Do not i repeat do not let the salesmen dictate the sale, they have no ground to stand on and most of them know they are a couple of bad months away from unemployment.

one good thing about the economy headed down the crapper is that as long as you are still employed and have good credit there are going to be a lot of sweet deals on most everything, cars, houses, rv's. IMO I would watch close because I think at a certain low our money is going to be worthless, then it wont matter we will all be SOL. Just my thoughts tho!

one good thing about the economy headed down the crapper is that as long as you are still employed and have good credit there are going to be a lot of sweet deals on most everything, cars, houses, rv's. IMO I would watch close because I think at a certain low our money is going to be worthless, then it wont matter we will all be SOL. Just my thoughts tho!

Scary but true. The waiting is the hardest part. Anyone have any speculation when 10 - 15K deals will surface on 09's? I know its only rumors but it keeps me looking forward to the next month.

The funny thing was that they were acting like trucks were selling great and they could only budge a little on price. They have my number so i'm sure i will be hearing from them. I'm just going to say I am in no rush and will wait until 10 -15k deals surface on trucks.

The funny thing was that they were acting like trucks were selling great and they could only budge a little on price. They have my number so i'm sure i will be hearing from them. I'm just going to say I am in no rush and will wait until 10 -15k deals surface on trucks.

You do realize the employee pricing plus the rebates recently offered saved many people 10K+. What are you really holding out for? While GM may be in trouble, I don't believe selling trucks at an actual loss is going to improve their situation. The time to buy a new GM vehicle is right now.

My folks saved 17K on a Tahoe just last month.

I was curious as well, I have read all of your posts, and short of a complete inventory liquidation I don't think you can do better than the pricing we have seen in the last 5 months.

When you mentioned "holding out" for a 2009 model in your first posts here, I understood that.

Its posts like this that get me really excited about waiting for an 09. I am starting to realize the 09 selection wont be great since most dealers are not ordering trucks. If they are ordering they all have 4.8 or 5.3's. I might be getting to specific for a 6.0 or 6.2 sierra.

I would not listen to one single thing any salesmen is trying to bs you about, plain and simple no trucks are moving at all. Only people looking to buy trucks at this time are people that absolutley need them, and most times those people are not looking for the dressed up fully loaded models since they are all used as a work rig. Right now a 40k truck imo before it even drives 2 feet off the lot needs to have at a minimum 10,000 dollars taken off it's price tag, once it has been sitting on the lot for 6-12 months they will be looking to just get it the hell off their lot and it will be most likely be around 15k off the sticker. Do not i repeat do not let the salesmen dictate the sale, they have no ground to stand on and most of them know they are a couple of bad months away from unemployment.

Its posts like this that get me really excited about waiting for an 09. I am starting to realize the 09 selection wont be great since most dealers are not ordering trucks. If they are ordering they all have 4.8 or 5.3's. I might be getting to specific for a 6.0 or 6.2 sierra.

I completely agree that at least 10k should be taken off. Guess i will be going to phoenix when another large rebate amount is announced for 08's. - Then i would have to change my screen name :jester:

You do realize the employee pricing plus the rebates recently offered saved many people 10K+. What are you really holding out for? While GM may be in trouble, I don't believe selling trucks at an actual loss is going to improve their situation. The time to buy a new GM vehicle is right now.

My folks saved 17K on a Tahoe just last month.

17K off? They must be good negotiaters! If they offer another 08 employee price w large rebate i will most likely jump on that for a denali or 6.0 sierra.

I was curious as well, I have read all of your posts, and short of a complete inventory liquidation I don't think you can do better than the pricing we have seen in the last 5 months.

When you mentioned "holding out" for a 2009 model in your first posts here, I understood that.

Thanks for reading! I know i have spent alot of time being excited about an 09. I have to do something on these fourms to keep myself from going crazy waiting. :lol:

Don't worry guys i will be buying a GMC soon, I've come to realize the 6 speed isnt earth shattering and possibly not worth waiting for 09's to have 10k off. But then again I could still wait until spring? lolz

Thanks for the responses so far!

Archived