2007 Silverado W/ 6.0l Vortec Max-transmission

My 07 Vmax has not any of these issues and never has. I recently got the BB tune for my truck and absolutely love it. Completely different truck with it.

Disconnecting the battery might help, because the ECM and TCM relearn your driving habits. So maybe it could help.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...

Not sure how relevant this is to the TS, but I just blew the transmission in my 07' VortecMax.

I bought the truck used with 50,000mi on it 4 months ago. The truck was in excellent condition and showed no abuse. Only thing that caught my attention was a front transmission pump seal that I had repaired under warranty.

The last couple of weeks the truck wasn't wanting to shift out of 1st. If you backed off the gas, it would finally slip in, but then it as you accelerated it felt as if it was slipping through 2nd and maybe 3rd.

I pull a 7,000lb trailer a few times a month, other than that, I don't beat the crap out of it. Never roasted the tires, though I have moments of having a lead foot.

Anyway, dealer didn't even bother opening it up. Dropped the pan and found metal shavings everywhere. His best guess was a fault in the input shaft. New transmission on warranty gets put in on Friday

On one hand, I'm happy I got a whole new tranny. On the other hand, I hope to hell the previous owner didn't beat the crap out of it on a regular basis. My plan is to get the truck back, do the corvette servo and a BlackBear tune and THEN she should the be the truck its supposed to be ;)

My plan is to get the truck back, do the corvette servo and a BlackBear tune and THEN she should the be the truck its supposed to be ;)

You will be totally happy with a Black Bear tune! :sigh:

Hi,

I found the TSB below, Anyone have this done? Any ill effects? Do it limit the torque production even further than stock?

#10-07-30-003: Harsh 1-2 Shift at Light Throttle (Follow Bulletin Diagnostic Steps then Reprogram TCM, if Necessary) - (Jan 25, 2010) Subject: Harsh 1-2 Shift at Light Throttle (Follow Bulletin Diagnostic Steps then Reprogram TCM, if Necessary) Models: 2007-2008 Chevrolet Avalanche, Silverado, Suburban 2007-2008 GMC Sierra, Yukon XL All Equipped with 6.0L Engine (RPO L76) and 4L70E Automatic Transmission (RPO M70) Please Refer to GMVIS ________________________________ Condition Some customers may comment about a harsh 1-2 shift at light throttle. Cause This condition may be caused by excessive adapt pressure added to the lowest shift adapt cells (0-3), which cannot be viewed using the Tech 2®. Correction A new calibration has been developed to correct this condition. Follow the procedure below. 1. Verify the customer’s concern by driving the vehicle between 1-7% throttle. 2. If shifts are harsh in this throttle range, clear adapts. Adapts for shifts at these light throttles do not appear on the Tech 2®. 3. If shifts are still harsh after clearing adapts, this calibration will not help resolve the issue. Follow normal diagnostic procedures outlined in SI under Slipping or Harsh 1-2 Shift. 4. If shifts are improved after clearing adapts, flash the vehicle’s Transmission Control Module. A revised transmission calibration has been developed to address these issues. Reprogram the transmission control module (TCM) with updated calibration files using the TIS2WEB Service Programming System (SPS) application. Select SEQ Programming Sequence ECM/TCM from the Supported Controllers screen. Refer to SI and Service Programming System (SPS) documentation for programming instructions, if required. 5. Confirm the new calibration in vehicle by performing at least ten (10) 1-2 shifts at 1-7% throttle with no recurrence of the issue. Warranty Information For vehicles repaired under warranty, use: Labor Operation Description Labor Time K5364 Transmission Control Module Reprogramming with SPS Use Published Labor Operation Time GM bulletins are intended for use by professional technicians, NOT a "do-it-yourselfer". They are written to inform these technicians of conditions that may occur on some vehicles, or to provide information that could assist in the proper service of a vehicle. Properly trained technicians have the equipment, tools, safety instructions, and know-how to do a job properly and safely. If a condition is described, DO NOT assume that the bulletin applies to your vehicle, or that your vehicle will have that condition. See your GM dealer for information on whether your vehicle may benefit from the information.

• 2 years later...

I have a 2007 LT VMAX and I am about ready to turn over 100,000 miles and I have to say its been an awesome truck. I did my tranny service at 50k and I am only weeks away from doing my 100k... I tow a travel trailer that weighs 6500 # several times a year and the truck does great..... Love that Bowtie !!!!

• 3 months later...

Transmission problems or idk need help truck shift good no jerk or rough shifts jus dosnt shit at the right rpm check engine light on an traction control is on wen put in to gear jerks hard an wen it shits out of 1st gear

Archived