Can't Find Graystone Metallic Anywhere, Need Some Help

I am trying to find a can of Graystone Metallic to paint my bowtie on the back of my truck. A guy on another forum said he found a can at a local pepboys but I can't find one anywhere. I've looked at every autoparts store in my area but have had no luck. I was reading on another forum that Chevy and GMC have the same colors but just use different names. Also, what about previous years? Did GM use the exact color of Graystone Metallic in previous years but just have it under a different name? What about a color that is really close to Graystone? It doesn't have to be perfect since it is just my bowtie, but I would like it as close as I can get it. I found a can of Dark Gray Metallic that looks really close.

Can somebody help me out with some of these questions? Thanks in advance.

Oh, and this is for an 08 Silverado.

Ask for the paint code 213M, I had a can made up at my local NAPA...The label says for a "2007 Buicktruck" but it's pretty damn close. It probably won't be exact but with a lil polishing it won't stand out as much. I f-ed it up on my bumper so I don't have a good example to show you haha, I ended up buying some auto paint in a can to go in a spray rig...

I have a graystone metallic color truck. Shortly after I bought the truck I bought a spray can (yes, a spray can) of matching graystone factory paint from the local Chevy dealer. They actually sell touch up paint in spray cans.

I am looking at the can right now. It is auto spray paint by Dupli-Color, code number DSCC331W, Charcoal Gray Metallic.

I hope this helps.

Hmmm, I'll give a dealer around here a call tomorrow. What did it cost you?

About 9 bucks if I remember correctly.

Many auto parts stores carry Dupli color brand paint cans, and since I gave you the code, you could maybe order it from them cheaper.

I have a can of charcoal gray and it does NOT match Graystone, it's like 10 shades off and VERY noticeable. If you're just gonna paint the grille piece it may be alright but I don't recommend getting it on the body.

I have a can of charcoal gray and it does NOT match Graystone, it's like 10 shades off and VERY noticeable. If you're just gonna paint the grille piece it may be alright but I don't recommend getting it on the body.

Hmm. Why do GM dealers sell it as matching touch up paint then? I have not used mine except for tiny nicks, but I take your word for it that it is probably not an exact match. I ran into a color matching problem with other colors on different vehicles - for example the Sedona read (burgundy red) touch up paint I got from Mazda for my car was way off.

Metallic colors like red, blue, gray, silver, gold, and light green are always difficult to touch up.

Archived