Can't Find Door Lock Relay

• 6 months later...
My power door locks don't work, all the fuses check out ok.. the schematic shows a door lock relay.. I can't find it.. any suggestions ??

Okay so this is six months old....sorry but I just signed up....

My brother has a 95 k1500 as well, his locks were fried...

You can run power to the lock actuators directly to see if that works

if that works then the door actuators are good if not you might want to replace those

I pulled up the wiring diagram for his truck and it showed a relay as well

Howere after calling a friend at the chevy dealer we found that his truck did not have the relay system installed and it fell back to the old style chevy pwr locks with out a relay The switch in the door reverse's the + and - 12 volts to run the actuators the other direction.

In the end we found out that the previous owner had installed a after market alarm with remote keyless entry (RKE) most of wiich require the orignal wire to be cut so the RKE can be spliced in. The alarm was taken out when it quit working but the wiring was never returned to the orignal state which stopped the locks from working at all. A call to the orignal owner confirmed that the alarm was taken out when the door locks quit working. The door locks stopped working due to bad actuators at the door and not the wiring of the alarm at all, they just gave up and used the key.

The key to the the 95 and the door lock relay is if you have the RPO for RKE then you have the relay. If the truck did not come with the RKE option then you probably do not have the relay.

The picture of where the "power door lock relay" is located is on page 261 of my 92 schematics (92 GM factory electrical diagram manual).

If you have a different schematics and it is not on that page, look in the Table of Contents in the front for "Power Door Locks", then turn to that section, (in my book starts at page 199), then under the Component Location heading, it should list on what page the "Door Lock Relay" is shown (diagram of location).

Or in the back of the book it is listed in the Component Location listings.

Archived