What Kind Of Mpg Are You Getting?

Hey, I was just curious about what everyone was getting for their own real world mileage. I have a 2000 GMC 1500 Z71 with the 5.3L, ~30% City/~70% Highway and I average 15city/18highway/16.5 combined.

I'm asking because I might be upgrading to a 2008/2009 and was wondering how close the gov't got with their EPA estimates.

Thanks

Brad,

I noticed you have only three posts, you may want to start a new thread in the "new member intro" section and introduce yourself, and post some pictures.

My Silverado; High; 23.1 / Low; 14.9 / Daily average; 18.1

My Suburban; High; 18.9 / Low; 9.9 / Daily average; 16.1

If you are looking for even more info, there are a number of polls and other threads about fuel economy. Just use the search feature in the upper right corner.

:lol:

Thanks, Merlin. I hadn't got around to the New Members forum yet. I've tried the search tool to no avail. It just won't give me anything decent.

I am kinda curious how you are getting almost 24 mpg from a 2500HD. Is that down hill, wind at your back, with the motor off? JK

Thanks, Merlin. I hadn't got around to the New Members forum yet. I've tried the search tool to no avail. It just won't give me anything decent.

I am kinda curious how you are getting almost 24 mpg from a 2500HD. Is that down hill, wind at your back, with the motor off? JK

:lol: . No, no trickery. Just proper maintanence and conservative driving. Every Year my GF and I drive up to Loudon to see a race and I just set the cruise at 60 and go. 693 Miles on 30 Gallons of Diesel. 693/30 = 23.1mpg. I have done it 6 times so I know its not a fluke. My 2500 is a regular cab so its (relatively) light, and I take care of it. Plus, got to love diesels efficency. :cheers: . Now if only I could get 23.1 to be my average....

Driving nicely...which I learned pretty well when gas was $4/gal for that brief period...I get about 17.4 average...that's about...70% city. About 18.3 on the highway at 75, my normal cruising speed. When I don't really care about gas...and I'm on a mission to get crap done, I get about 14.5 city, and about 16.5 highway.

Wish I had my Bonneville with me, that'll do 32 on the highway at 75 without even trying...its kinda annoying.

I only get about 14 around town but I get over 400 mpg on the highway using my plutonium generation device. If I drive under 60 I do have problems with the fuel tank overflowing at times. Oh, the efficiency!

Ah ha! Yeah, those diesels do really well on the mileage if you can swallow the extra sticker shock and maintenance costs. I'm excited about that new 4.5L if a guy could afford it. 520lbs/ft at ~26 mpg, sign me up.

Actually I think a small displacement diesel 1/2 ton with a 6 speed would sell well. They make enough torque to really go with the right gearing. Low RPM = good economy too.

I love the Duramax, but I just can't justify the 6.6L for what I do. That 4.5L sounds like it will be just right. I just hope it isn't a $7000 option + $1200 transmission required to sit behind it. If its the 6L80E it shouldn't be.

It will have to work until I get my Mr. Fusion I ordered off eBay. I've been looking for a way to get rid of my fridge full of leftovers. Great Scott! Ha Ha! :D:smash:

Archived