In 20 seconds you can become part of the worlds largest and oldest community discussing General Motors, Chevrolet and GMC branded pickups, crossovers, and SUVs. From buying research to owner support, join 1.5 MILLION GM Truck Enthusiasts every month who use GM-Trucks.com as a daily part of their ownership experience. 

Sign in to follow this  
dzrick

Idle Relearn 2003 Trailblazer

Wow, this was 6 years ago. :)

I followed Jim's instructions as closely as possible and thankfully it worked on my first try.

As far as how exact you need to be time wise, I'd think as long as you use the times as minimums you should be ok.

I wish I could be more helpful.

Her '03 is long gone, she's got a 2012 now.

Good luck to you Yves, hope you get yours figured out soon

Thank you but I am having so much trouble with this car now its crazy... I am going to take it to my school (i am studying to be an auto technician) if no result then the chevy dealership next... thanks anyway

First time posting. Not sure if I should start a new topic or just continue.

I have a 2002 Trailblazer and have done the relearn procedure and it worked awesome! Thanks! But.....I need to do this each and every time I start the car now. It started with the relearn then ran for a week with the passkey warning on occasionally. Now each and every time I start the truck I have to do this procedure like I am OCD following a ritual :nopity: I have a code but it is related to emissions? Reset with no luck. Any suggestions would be great. Thanksl

First time posting. Not sure if I should start a new topic or just continue.

I have a 2002 Trailblazer and have done the relearn procedure and it worked awesome! Thanks! But.....I need to do this each and every time I start the car now. It started with the relearn then ran for a week with the passkey warning on occasionally. Now each and every time I start the truck I have to do this procedure like I am OCD following a ritual :nopity: I have a code but it is related to emissions? Reset with no luck. Any suggestions would be great. Thanksl

have it diagnosed

Thank Rob;

Not much help, considering getting it diagnosed will cost $$$$. Hoping to get an expert who knows what they are talking about as opposed to referring me to a thief for a donation.

Thank Rob;

Not much help, considering getting it diagnosed will cost $$$$. Hoping to get an expert who knows what they are talking about as opposed to referring me to a thief for a donation.

Good luck!

Hello all.

i have had a lot of these issues resolved ..by simply removing throttle body and cleaning it

as for the idle stalling when ac or defroster is on here is what actually happens .

PROBLEM 1. when pcm sees low idle it shuts off ac so if idle is inconsistant your pcm is struggling with low idle and turning ac off and on so

add this all up and your engine will stall..its a fact problem fixed.

PROBLEM 2. If your engine is stalling at stop lights when you slow down and it says low oil pressure shut off engine

and you have NO apparent oil leak etc.. Think again the oil sending unit in your truck is a decoy for the pcm

it is actualy a set value by gm .so it is not your true oil pressure . any way these sensors sometimes almost all the time leak into the

plastic boot covering the wire and actually is shorting out the 5v reference to pcm then to guage...so look at it closely if you are experiencing

this issue cause a leaky oil sending unit does not have to gush out oil to go bad KEEP IN MIND NO CODE WILL APPEAR FOR OIL SENDING UNIT>>>>you will

just experience the truck shutting off and saying low oil pressure etc...

wish you all the best and good luck with your rides.... this info pertains to all 4.2 inline motors on trail blazers...

How do you turn off the ECM? Unplug it? I’m trying to do this too. Am I supposed to run the vehicle with the ECM unplugged? Or just remove power for 20 seconds, then hook it back up and then run the motor?