In 20 seconds you can become part of the worlds largest and oldest community discussing General Motors, Chevrolet and GMC branded pickups, crossovers, and SUVs. From buying research to owner support, join 1.5 MILLION GM Truck Enthusiasts every month who use GM-Trucks.com as a daily part of their ownership experience. 

Sign in to follow this  
NoLuck7

Amp And Component Speaker Install In 2008 Sierra

This is going to sound crazy, but I know where each setting is and can do it without looking. It isn't exact obviously, but I have only needed to tweak them a couple of times total. So, it's a pain in the a#$, but not enought for me to go through the headache of cutting my loops holding the top of the seats. I will get a couple of those pics up on my Picasa page tomorrow, as well as some of my sub box.

Again, I don't know where I would be if you hadn't posted your pics!!!!!

I hope that ppl asking questions about your install doesn't become a pain in the a$$! :shakehead:

The sub box... what kind is it? Where'd you get it from?

Thanks for all of your help!!!

Again, I don't know where I would be if you hadn't posted your pics!!!!!

I hope that ppl asking questions about your install doesn't become a pain in the a$$! :shakehead:

The sub box... what kind is it? Where'd you get it from?

Thanks for all of your help!!!

It's really no problem at all. That is why I posted the pics and write up. The sub box came from Subthump.com and I believe I paid around $130 or so for the single 10" enclosure. Couldn't be happier.

Fellas, I recently installed an Alpine MRP-F300 amplifier and a set of Polk DB6501 component speakers in my 2008 Sierra Ext. Cab. I used a PAC OEM-2 adapter to convert the speaker inputs to RCA for the amp. Rather than posting all the pics here, I am adding the link to my album via Picasa. I apologize for the quality of the pics. I have been having a ton of problems with my camera lately. I got pretty detailed so there are a lot of pics.

I first only used the first two channels of the amp which were pushing 50 watts RMS each. I wasn't completely satisfied so I bridged all four channels and am way happier with the volume and power they are getting now.

Hopefully, people will be able to get some use out of my walkthrough. Fire off any questions or comments, if you have any.

Thanks!

http://picasaweb.google.com/noluck7/2008GM...key=9GTMFPiZSLs#

Great looking install! I ran a VERY similar setup in an '02 Z71 that I had...loved that truck and definitely miss the stereo! :lol:

Thanks for the updated pic!!!! Is that new pic on your picassa page?

One more question for you... how the hell do you adjust the amps when the seats are back in the truck? Seems like a lot of effort just to make a minor tweak on the amp. Someone in another post said something about cutting the catch on the back of the seats to allow them to fold down. DAMN GM!!!! Why must they make such nice looking trucks and not allow any mods (easy mods that is)?

Which pink wire did you use for your switched vehicle power under the dash, Ive tried several and have had no luck.

One more question for you... how the hell do you adjust the amps when the seats are back in the truck? Seems like a lot of effort just to make a minor tweak on the amp. Someone in another post said something about cutting the catch on the back of the seats to allow them to fold down. DAMN GM!!!! Why must they make such nice looking trucks and not allow any mods (easy mods that is)?

Which pink wire did you use or how the hell did you set up your switched vehicle power under the dash, Ive tried several and have had no luck.

Which pink wire did you use or how the hell did you set up your switched vehicle power under the dash, Ive tried several and have had no luck.

I'll get back to you. I need to go out and look again. There is switched power in the harness that attaches up above the brake pedal. I just spliced right into the wire in the harness. I will take a look and tell you exactly which one it is in just a little while.

Ok, I had a chance to look and see that I tied into a yellow wire on the green adapter in the housing that has 3 adapters in it, just above and to the left of the brake pedal. I hope that helps!

Anything is help haha! Unfortunately my baby just went in to the body shop for the next two weeks so its going to be awhile before I can check and see, ill let you know if it worked though. Thanks!

PS System looks great, I tried that amp rack with 1/2" plywood too and turns out my amp was just a hair too big. Ill have to post pictures of mine when I get it back.

Sweet looking install ! Just what I was looking for. How did you attach your amp board to the back of the cab?

Sweet looking install ! Just what I was looking for. How did you attach your amp board to the back of the cab?

I would also like to know this? Also, whats all involved in removing the rear seats?

Thanks!

In the pics he states that he used liquid nails to attach the board.

How do you liuke the Polk speakers and the Alpine amp driving them Yeah, I know this post is old but just saw it today. Been thinking abuot installing the same Alpine amp and not sure what speakers to get so I can have some bass, as I don't plan on installing any subs in the truck (just yet).

Fellas, I recently installed an Alpine MRP-F300 amplifier and a set of Polk DB6501 component speakers in my 2008 Sierra Ext. Cab. I used a PAC OEM-2 adapter to convert the speaker inputs to RCA for the amp. Rather than posting all the pics here, I am adding the link to my album via Picasa. I apologize for the quality of the pics. I have been having a ton of problems with my camera lately. I got pretty detailed so there are a lot of pics.

I first only used the first two channels of the amp which were pushing 50 watts RMS each. I wasn't completely satisfied so I bridged all four channels and am way happier with the volume and power they are getting now.

Hopefully, people will be able to get some use out of my walkthrough. Fire off any questions or comments, if you have any.

Thanks!

http://picasaweb.google.com/noluck7/2008GM...key=9GTMFPiZSLs#

Bump this back up, anyone have a current link to amp install the pictures don't seem to active anymore