Why Does A Person Buy An Hd Truck?

How we use our HD Trucks...  

285 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Given the rate auto prices continue to go up, I wanted to get a truck while I could still afford the payments on one. I wanted an HD for a long time and was pretty set on going for a 6.0L Gasser but after some long thinking and research and a great deal on my 08 2500 Duramax, I decided to go with a Diesel instead. I am glad I did. I know i would have been very happy with the 6.0, but should the need come later on down the road for more towing requirements, I'll already be taken care of. The longevity, reliability, and low maintenance costs of Diesels now a days was also a contributing factor. The only downside? Diesel is more expensive then regular gas, but I am willing to accept that. Looking back, if I could change anything I would have gone with a standard bed size instead of the long bed.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I drive back and forth to work empty. Once in a while i haul stuff and dont want an easy to overload half ton. I think we have a lot of things with more capability than we need from 14 mega pixel cameras and blu ray 65" tvs to 48 volt hand tools and oversized yard tools. I feel fortunate to be able to finally have an hd for the first time in my life. I respect anyones vehicle choice since i was truckless for the last four years. Get whats best for you!

Like I have said before "It's better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it" That being said did I need the diesel well maybe not but that is what I wanted in my last new truck so that is what I got. I may not pull the trailers now that I did with my 86 model but I can do it with out any problems not.:jester:

I bought my 2010 Yukon XL 2500 4x4 to tow my boat and still have an enclosed cargo area (for whatever reason I don't like canopies on trucks, just a personal preference I guess) and carry passengers. However my boat weighs 9,200 lbs and that's a lot for this. It'll keep up freeway speeds, but it works hard to do it up hills.

I yank relatively heavy twin engine boats out of the water for service on a regular basis. I don't generally tow heavy for any distance however, thus the gasser instead of the diesel.

If it were not for pulling boats and loading engines and other heavy stuff in the back all the time, I probably would'nt need a truck at all.

When it comes to pulling heavy stuff around, the 2500HD is much more stable than a 1500. If I didn't need the higher towing capability but still needed a truck, I would have gone with 1500.

I bought my HD for plowing with an 8 foot heavy duty blade. I occassionaly tow my case 1835 B skid steer, my Kubota L3250 and my 26 foot twin engine boat. I frequently load the bed and racks with construction lumber and other building materials. I have been commuting 60 miles a day recently since selling my commuter car. Nothing but an HD will do for me.

I bought my 2010 Yukon XL 2500 4x4 to tow my boat and still have an enclosed cargo area (for whatever reason I don't like canopies on trucks, just a personal preference I guess) and carry passengers. However my boat weighs 9,200 lbs and that's a lot for this. It'll keep up freeway speeds, but it works hard to do it up hills.

I've heard Duraburb can fix that for you. :lol:

My 5.3 does all right with the boat, but for anything bigger, I always use one of the diesels. Feels effortless with them.

Archived