What do you got?

I have two question here.  

First, what have you guys done to upgrade your engines?  I have added a K&N filter and a Flowmaster exhaust.   I'm thinking about adding a set of pulleys and an intake.  I was just curious if anyone has either of these items.  

Second, I have a Covercraft soft tonneau and it is about time to replace the cover since the stitching is all coming out.  Don't worry if your thinking about buying one, I've had mine for over 5 years.  I really want a topper but I don't really know anything about them.  Ideally I would like to use it for camping.  I would like to add the sliding window between them so that I could block off the bed in extreme temps and still have access to the cab from the bed.  Is it possible to install the boot between the topper and cab with a window in place?

I have a Leer cap on my truck and I like it.  It has a slider for the front window and my dealer sells an inflatable boot to put between the truck and cap to make the seal.  I also have a BedRug and I sleep in there when I go trout fishing.  There are pictures of my truck and BedRug posted throughout this forum.

I have a 5.3L, and I have added a K&N Gen. II system, Hypetech PP III, 180 degree thermostat, and dual exhaust.

For a bed cover, I have an Access roll-up cover. It works great, especially when I want to haul my ATV. It stays real tight and it isn't affected by rain or snow.

I have not seen one yet because I don't have a rear slider on my cab (just on the cap).  From what was explained to me it is an inflatable boot that goes between the cap and the cab and creates a seal between the two.  That way you could have your dog in the bed and he could stick his head into the cab and there would be no draft etc... and it would keep the rain and snow from blowing in when you have both windows open.  I suppose it would also allow some heat and AC to get into the bed.  My cap is a cab high fiberglass unit with a carpeted liner and then I have the bedrug, so when I sleep in there I am actually very comfortable down as low as the high 30's and low 40's (in a sleeping bag of course).  I believe they also make a foam seal that goes between the truck cab and the cap also.  Of course neither of them are worth anything if you don't have sliding windows on both the truck and cap.

Archived