Anyone Into Boats? Post Your Pics

Here is my current rig that I put together last year, 1989 19V Bullet with a 2002 Mercury 225X. I have not had a chance to play with the set up yet, but so far it's super quick.

4c208547-7f0d-443d-b66a-7bc160c31165_zps

20130216_144211_zpsb43bee72.jpg

20130314_072354_zps6070a577.jpg

20130419_231052_zps7ec1ec06.jpg

My previous rig was a 2000 20XD Bullet with a warmed up 1998 Mercury 225 Promax

089.jpg

048.jpg

After tons of seat time and set up I got it ironed out to fly.

P1010042.jpg

156.jpg

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

On the 20XD I ran a 14" Hydro Dynamics jackplate and on my 19V I'm running a 9.5" Hydro Dymanics jackplate. I used a Minn Kota 74 lb Maxxum troller on both, but I'm in the process of yanking it off the 19V and going to a hand control. The front deck on the 19 is so small the foot control pedal takes up too much space. I had a quick release mount on the 20XD because that hull is fairly weight sensitive, when we had our play days at the river I'd pull it off and have some fun. The 19V is so light it actually needs all the weight on the bow I can put up there. It gets extremely "lofty" very easily. It's a handful to say the least and I've only ran it to 83.3 mph so far @ 55-5600 rpms and the motor was way too low to get remotely close to the 6900 rpm limiter. It's about 3-400 lbs lighter than my 20XD was with very similar horsepower. I figure the 19V will run trips if I can put the time in it. I ran the 20XD to 94.6 GPS. They are fun to play with, but the saying is true.... "BOAT" stands for Break Out Another Thousand. LOL

Not sure if this video will load or not, but I ran it up to about 85 ish with my brother running video. The boat you see at the end is my buddy in a 20XF Bullet we were running side by side at about 60 mph when I laid into it. I couldn't stretch it out long because the motor was buried and still in break in from a rebuild.

th_Rearviewmyboat.jpg

On the 20XD I ran a 14" Hydro Dynamics jackplate and on my 19V I'm running a 9.5" Hydro Dymanics jackplate. I used a Minn Kota 74 lb Maxxum troller on both, but I'm in the process of yanking it off the 19V and going to a hand control. The front deck on the 19 is so small the foot control pedal takes up too much space. I had a quick release mount on the 20XD because that hull is fairly weight sensitive, when we had our play days at the river I'd pull it off and have some fun. The 19V is so light it actually needs all the weight on the bow I can put up there. It gets extremely "lofty" very easily. It's a handful to say the least and I've only ran it to 83.3 mph so far @ 55-5600 rpms and the motor was way too low to get remotely close to the 6900 rpm limiter. It's about 3-400 lbs lighter than my 20XD was with very similar horsepower. I figure the 19V will run trips if I can put the time in it. I ran the 20XD to 94.6 GPS. They are fun to play with, but the saying is true.... "BOAT" stands for Break Out Another Thousand. LOL

Not sure if this video will load or not, but I ran it up to about 85 ish with my brother running video. The boat you see at the end is my buddy in a 20XF Bullet we were running side by side at about 60 mph when I laid into it. I couldn't stretch it out long because the motor was buried and still in break in from a rebuild.

Reminds me a lot of my pontoon, ha! Very nice. If I could talk my wife into a tri-toon with a 250 SHO I could have the best of both worlds, right now I am stuck at 32mph though!

I hear ya! My wife hates my bass boats and wants a pontoon in a bad way. I told her I'd buy a pontoon but it would be the Tri-Toon. With 3 300X's on it! It runs over 106-107 mph! LOL

avuguhah.jpg

Not mine per say but my dads. Brand new '13 Triumph 190 Bay

Got it as a warranty replacement after me and my buddy were in the Potomac river and came to a stop to fish and he asked why there was so much trash in the river. Well, turns out that was us

adu9edy9.jpg

It was scary but now that I look back and no one was hurt it was funny

7u9e2amu.jpg

I'm on the left

Sent while drinkin' a cold one...

Silly whacker motors, get something with some balls!

J/k, I love the water, and boats of all kinds. The lake is my safe place.

My first boat was a junk Bayliner 1950 Capri with a cracked 305 and ruined interior. I pumped it up with a custom fuel injected 355 sbc, rebuild everything and it was the best intro to boating vessel I could have asked for. Someone rear ended the boat in tow last year. Ruined it for the most part. So I took the insurance money and bought me a real speed boat. I have a thread about it Velocity 22

boat_70t.jpg boat_71t.jpg boat_104t.jpg boat_105t.jpg

Now on to the real fun!!

This will be my 100mph baby.

vel_035t.png

Its a light layup hull with a padded bottom. Plan is a blown 383 SBC with fi. I've been teasing an LS, but the aftermarket isn't there. It'll take a while though, need to upgrade to a bravo drive and hydraulic steering. House and bills take most of my cheese.

Archived