2008 Silverado Power Door Lock Actuator Failed

Well, I read some posts about several people having problems with their power door lock actuator. I though I'd start a thread to keep an eye on this. My truck is a 2008 Silverado Crew Cab. It currently has 34,000 miles on it. The Passengers side door actuator stopped working yesterday. I'm headed to the dealer on Wed. to get it looked at, and hopefully replaced. Feel free if you have had any problems related to the door lock actuator. Thanks!

Al

My '08's driver's door lock actuator quit working 2 weeks ago. Truck had 8,500 miles. Replaced under warranty. Dealer said they have been replacing alot of these.

08 Sierra Crew - Two weeks ago mine died. About two weeks before it died, I noticed a few times it would fail to unlock when I was inside. I felt it might be me as I'm quick to try and open a door as I put it in park - bad work habit. Never failed to unlock from outside with the fob until it died completely.

I've yet to take it to the dealer as I've had no time as of late. I hope to take it that way within the week.

My '96 Honda Accord went through 10 door actuators in 5 years. Oddly it was different ones each time and after the last one was replaced they never failed again. Just traded that car off.

My wife's '02 Jeep Liberty has already been through 3 door window motors. Heck they hardly ever get used, maybe that's the problem.

Edited by Tsmith

My 08 Tahoe did it. Rear driver's side lock. Warranty replaced it. Clearly this is an issue of poor quality parts that GM will keep replacing untill your warranty runs out. I wonder if any companies will make a better quality one so when we have to replace it after the warranty is up, we'll only have to do it once.

08 Sierra Crew - Two weeks ago mine died. About two weeks before it died, I noticed a few times it would fail to unlock when I was inside. I felt it might be me as I'm quick to try and open a door as I put it in park - bad work habit. Never failed to unlock from outside with the fob until it died completely.

I've yet to take it to the dealer as I've had no time as of late. I hope to take it that way within the week.

Identical story/truck here (@8K miles on it when it happened).... mines been dead now for months, just too busy to have it in the shop.

I recently had my driver side rear door actuator replaced. The part had to be ordered and the service adviser said that it was on national backorder, because it wasn't in stock it required a additional trip back to the dealer. If the actuator was in fact on backorder this just shows how many problems GM is having with them.

We'll I took my truck in a 8 am, and they said they would call me when it was done. 6 pm came, and no call. I called them up, and they where gone for the day. It's not really a big deal, since I am off work, but it would have been nice if they had called me and asked if they could keep it overnight. I am going to be very upset if they tell me they didn't replace the actuators or some other lame story. I hope they at least have the parts in stock, and I don't have to wait for them to get ordered. Yeah. I did a search using google and advanced search of gm-trucks,and I found a lot more people with problems with the actuators for the NBS trucks on this site. Apparently, it is common for all four actuators to go bad. So far, I only asked them to replace the front two door lock actuators. I'll keep you guys posted.

I recently had my driver side rear door actuator replaced. The part had to be ordered and the service adviser said that it was on national backorder, because it wasn't in stock it required a additional trip back to the dealer. If the actuator was in fact on backorder this just shows how many problems GM is having with them.

GM also has a safety issue with the brake lights in the 07-08 GMT900s, part number 25991704 is the replacement, but it's been on backorder for at least 2 months. Get this, the lights turn off when you have the brakes applied! Ya, this is a little off topic, but just showing that the backorder issue is around for other parts that should have higher priority due to safety. It seems either everyone has either gotten this fixed some time ago or they don't care to fix it.

/rant

I got both front actuators replaced at the dealer. They said that they've had their share of problems actuators in the new body style trucks. I talked to the manager about getting the seats covers replaced, and they are going to get approval from their regional manager to get some leather seats put in for me. I'm going to provide the leather material. I hope the regional manager isn't a jerk about it.

My '96 Honda Accord went through 10 door actuators in 5 years. Oddly it was different ones each time and after the last one was replaced they never failed again. Just traded that car off.

My wife's '02 Jeep Liberty has already been through 3 door window motors. Heck they hardly ever get used, maybe that's the problem.

IT WAS ACTUALLY THE REGULATORS THERE T NOT THE MOTORS