2008 Silverado Power Door Lock Actuator Failed

• 7 months later...

I have a 2009 GMC Sierra 4wd 1500 extended cab with 6 foot box.Does anyone know for sure what the latest and greatest Part number is for sure. The original left door lock actuator lasted 4.5 years, it quit working so being a x-GM tech working for a different car manufacturer now I bought part number 25876385 from a GM dealer off of ebay for $96 all was well for 9 months and the replacement has quit again what a joke!!! Did not even last year!!! Beginning to wonder if all the different part numbers for this same door lock actuator that can be used on the various years makes and models have the same trademarks of those engineers who tried to cover there rears with the ignition switch debacle, So.... Mary this is how the "NEW" GM operates? Looks & sounds like the old GM to me after seeing what a joke these door lock actuators are, I previously owned a 1994 Full size Chevy truck never even changed a turn signal bulb let alone a door lock actuator or any switch on that vehicle.I've also had to replace the drivers door window switch on the 2009 GMC Sierra, These parts should practically last the life of the vehicle not be changed with every oil change or tire rotation, brake job.GM needs to step up here and least offer free replacements or discount, the part is not worth 90-150 bucks per actuator for role of the dice hoping you get one that lasts 4-5 years. Anyone from the "NEW" GM car to chime in I'm all ears......

• 7 months later...

I have a 2009 GMC Sierra 4wd 1500 extended cab with 6 foot box.Does anyone know for sure what the latest and greatest Part number is for sure. The original left door lock actuator lasted 4.5 years, it quit working so being a x-GM tech working for a different car manufacturer now I bought part number 25876385 from a GM dealer off of ebay for $96 all was well for 9 months and the replacement has quit again what a joke!!! Did not even last year!!! Beginning to wonder if all the different part numbers for this same door lock actuator that can be used on the various years makes and models have the same trademarks of those engineers who tried to cover there rears with the ignition switch debacle, So.... Mary this is how the "NEW" GM operates? Looks & sounds like the old GM to me after seeing what a joke these door lock actuators are, I previously owned a 1994 Full size Chevy truck never even changed a turn signal bulb let alone a door lock actuator or any switch on that vehicle.I've also had to replace the drivers door window switch on the 2009 GMC Sierra, These parts should practically last the life of the vehicle not be changed with every oil change or tire rotation, brake job.GM needs to step up here and least offer free replacements or discount, the part is not worth 90-150 bucks per actuator for role of the dice hoping you get one that lasts 4-5 years. Anyone from the "NEW" GM car to chime in I'm all ears......

I bought THIS off Amazon. I've only had it in for 3 months, but so far, so good. Part number 25876393.

• 10 months later...

I was trying to find a suitable replacement for the motors inside the actuators. I wanted something a little more economical than the $25 motors offered by Gruven parts.

I have found a suitable replacement, but I will have to purchase them in bulk. I am putting some feelers out just to see how many people would be interested in replacing their actuator motors. The ones that I have found are like $12 each or $40 for 4 motors?

If you are interested, let me know with a PM or email me directly at kirka0906 _ AT_ gmail_dot_com

Thanks

• 2 years later...

If you're having issues with your 2007 and up power windows or door locks.... particularly anything electrical not working in your driver's door, check the wires in the door jam boot. They're notorious for breaking.  Found 2 wires completely broke. Now I need to troubleshoot the rear locks..... bad actuators or another broke wire. This truck is an electrical nightmare! 2008 Silverado Crew Cab 4×4. Cheap wires and cheap electrical components all around. Pretty disheartening.  But.... we'll figure it out! Any thoughts or guesses on why neither rear door locks work? Power windows are good. ?