2008 Silverado Power Door Lock Actuator Failed

LOL, same problem here. 08 Sierra Ext. Cab, driver's side went out somewhere before 36000 miles, replaced under warranty, passenger side is getting lazy now at 52000 miles. I'll hit up gmpartsdirect and replace it within the next week or so. If anyone can take a pic of where it's located within the door, post it up, or if you're an old fart, I'm sure we can walk you through it.

I guess the same company that used to make GM's power window motors now makes their PDL actuators. I am a GM fanboi, but this kinda crap makes me wanna sling freshly passed poo at them.

I have a 2008 GMC Sierra with 11,000 miles (I have a very short commute to work). My passenger side auto door lock stopped working about 2 months ago and my driver side just started failing intermittently last week. I've noticed that it's more likely to work correctly in the morning and more likely to fail in the afternoon when it's warmer. Will take it into the dealer next week. Seems like some serious quality control issues if it's happening this much. I'm a little worried about what else may be waiting to fail on my truck with those kinds of quality control issues.

I had a 97 Sierra before this and had next to nothing go wrong with it. I was hoping for the same level of reliability in my new one, but it's apparently not to be.

Hi....30,000 miles on mine and both passenger door actuators went out. Also, now burning oil and the dealer said there was a service bulletin referenceing this but no details or fix yet. They hope to have the fix in a month or so. Anybody else experiencing this?

Well, I read some posts about several people having problems with their power door lock actuator. I though I'd start a thread to keep an eye on this. My truck is a 2008 Silverado Crew Cab. It currently has 34,000 miles on it. The Passengers side door actuator stopped working yesterday. I'm headed to the dealer on Wed. to get it looked at, and hopefully replaced. Feel free if you have had any problems related to the door lock actuator. Thanks!

Al

Seems like some serious quality control issues if it's happening this much. I'm a little worried about what else may be waiting to fail on my truck with those kinds of quality control issues.

I'd just trade it in on a Toyota, they accelerate quicker anyways...

• 4 weeks later...

Can someone tell me if these actuators are failing because of the amount of locking and unlocking that is going on thanks to the autolock/unlock amazing feature? Still new to these problems which never were experienced on my 2003 Silv. I can't believe you can't shut this off, what a joke.

Can someone tell me if these actuators are failing because of the amount of locking and unlocking that is going on thanks to the autolock/unlock amazing feature? Still new to these problems which never were experienced on my 2003 Silv. I can't believe you can't shut this off, what a joke.

No, it has nothing to do with the autolock/unlock feature. If it did, every vehicle would have failing actuators. I had auto locks in my 2005 and never had one issue in 80k miles with a door actuator.

GM used crappy actuators for the new trucks. period.

Edit: if anything, you should be thankful that you have the lock/unlock feature... without it you might not know that you have a bad actuator until you're out of warranty.

Edited by Matt_

You can shut it off...worked on my 09 too

http://chevroletforum.com/forum/showpost.p...amp;postcount=9

http://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/index.php?...amp;hl=autolock

Matt,

Just checking to see if you were able to get those part numbers. Thanks for your help!

Left/Front Door Lock&Actuator: 25876385 ($68 @ gmpartsdirect)

Left/Rear Door Lock&Actuator: 25876393 ($80 @ gmpartsdirect)

Is this the same part numbers as the Right Side?