2008 Silverado Power Door Lock Actuator Failed

I have had the rear passenger actuator replaced twice as of yesterday, and it still isn't working. I am starting to get pissed. I don't want to waste my days off going into the dealership to get it fixed. :troll:

Take it in again and if it still dont work, LEMON LAW IT (if applicable)...

The passenger door actuator in my brother's 08 silverado went out on his truck about 2 weeks ago. Believe he had about 10k miles on it. I havent had any problems with my GMC yet, but shes only 2 months old.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I was working this evening on installing load leveling air bags with a compressor on my 2008 Silverado 1500. So, I was probing the fuses with a test light to see which ones were working with the ignition switch. I got done about an hour ago and went to get gas and realized my two front door locks aren't working properly. They are working intermittently now, if that. Never had this problem until I just start probing the fuses tonight! I have under 20K miles. I was thinking maybe I ran the battery down and the battery run-down protection might've been preventing them from working or something stupid like that. But after reading this thread, seems like my probing of the electrical might've caused the actuators to short out. It's gotta be a really poor design!!! There are 4 or 5 fuses associated with locking and unlocking. When I hit the lock/unlock button all fuses flash the test light with no problems so I know I didn't blow anything.

Go Figure! Got to make some time for a dealer visit now. I know I didn't do anything wrong...been working on cars for 20+ years now.

Thanks for sharing your experiences!

I think the "national backorder" was your dealers way of putting you off. I got the drivers door done 3 weeks ago. They ordered the part, and kept the truck. I picked it up the next day, good as new.

Drivers door, about 18k miles, on an 08 Silverado.

OK, this sucks. This seems to be a common problem. I'm going to sell this stupid truck before it goes to shit. I bet the AFM is to blame for this! Just Joking :sigh::D:dunno::idiot::nonod::nono::uhoh::fume::eek:

This will probably be an inconvenience until GM gets it right , or we replace the actuators with aftermarket units. The new set is working wells so far (crossing my fingers).

Edited by TexasAl