2008 Silverado Power Door Lock Actuator Failed

Can someone tell me if these actuators are failing because of the amount of locking and unlocking that is going on thanks to the autolock/unlock amazing feature? Still new to these problems which never were experienced on my 2003 Silv. I can't believe you can't shut this off, what a joke.

You can shut it off...worked on my 09 too

http://chevroletforum.com/forum/showpost.p...amp;postcount=9

http://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/index.php?...amp;hl=autolock

Shut my 09 Auto lock crap off from the get-go...the DIC will not allow such..have to go to dealer with above info ....will see how it goes..16,000 so far so good...will report back when/if a failure (the sound you hear is me knocking on wood)....

Matt,

Just checking to see if you were able to get those part numbers. Thanks for your help!

Left/Front Door Lock&Actuator: 25876385 ($68 @ gmpartsdirect)

Left/Rear Door Lock&Actuator: 25876393 ($80 @ gmpartsdirect)

Is this the same part numbers as the Right Side?

I would assume that the R/S would be different... not 100% though. Those are just the part numbers I needed for both my driver side locks; my passenger side has been working fine thus far.

I just replaced my drivers side, the whole process only took me about an hour. The lock itself really isnt tough to replace, its just a small area that requires some thought on how to get it out.

A simple DIY project really.

Word up. I replaced my passenger side actuator about a month or so ago. Get you some plastic auto trim removal tools, remove the 5 door panel bolts, pull the door panel off, remove the interior door handle cable, pop off the grip on the exterior door handle rod, push the lock on the electrical connector up and remove the connector, remove the 3 bolts, and installation is the reverse of removal. Just don't forget to reattach at least one door handle, or you'll be up a creek...

and if its on an LTZ, only 3 10mm bolts hold the door panel. DEFINITELY get those trim removal tools...plastic type ones are awesome!

I didnt remove the electrical until I moved the actuator to where I could see it, but before removing the T30 bolts, you need to disconnect where the outer door handle connects to the actuator. Put your key in the outer door lock, once the actuator bolts are out push up slightly on the assembly, and the door lock connecting rod will pop right out of its plastic holder behind where the key goes.

Again, not a complicated process at all. Just too bad we have to do it at this stage of the vehicles life....

why do it yourself when you have a warranty that covers that kind of stuff? (assuming your warranty is still valid)

and if its on an LTZ, only 3 10mm bolts hold the door panel. DEFINITELY get those trim removal tools...plastic type ones are awesome!

I didnt remove the electrical until I moved the actuator to where I could see it, but before removing the T30 bolts, you need to disconnect where the outer door handle connects to the actuator. Put your key in the outer door lock, once the actuator bolts are out push up slightly on the assembly, and the door lock connecting rod will pop right out of its plastic holder behind where the key goes.

Again, not a complicated process at all. Just too bad we have to do it at this stage of the vehicles life....

I am on my second actuator also. The first was the Driver door (covered under warranty), this time its the rear driver side door ($250). Told the service advisor this was the second time this had happened, and he said last time they replaced the whole latch (including actuator). So this isn't the same. Kinda shady to me..Is GM going to address this. Other than this I love the truck, this is my 4th one (79,97,00, and 08).

Edited by bhamgmcguy

I am on my second actuator also. The first was the Driver door (covered under warranty), this time its the rear driver side door ($250). Told the service advisor this was the second time this had happened, and he said last time they replaced the whole latch (including actuator). So this isn't the same. Kinda shady to me..Is GM going to address this. Other than this I love the truck, this is my 4th one (79,97,00, and 08).

What do you mean by:

"Told the service advisor this was the second time this had happened, and he said last time they replaced the whole latch (including actuator). So this isn't the same."

Because from what I've replaced, it comes as one whole part (lock, actuator, interior door handle cable, exterior door handle rod attachment). I guess what I'm trying to get at is, someone told you a fib. Also, I got my front door actuator/lock/cable setup for $80 shipped to my front door.

I didnt know the actuator was available separately from the latch.....

Booya.