Tire Safety Video

Irv

Interresting video......thanks for sharing.

Think I'll go out and have a look at my tries.

No problem, I hope everyone on here has a look at it?

I just checked my tires on my new 09 and all I could find were these numbers?

DOT M62A BCER

I tried a google search and found this link, looks like I will have to crawl underneath it to get the actual date off the inside of the tire?

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tiretech/tec...e.jsp?techid=11

So I had a quick look......

On the truck, only 2 tires had the date code on the outside..both were 1507. That's good. I'll check the others when I get a chance.

However, interresting enough, on my car, I put new tires on in January 2009 (so 6 months ago):

Tire1: 2105

Tire2: 0408

Tire3: 1506

Tire4: 1207

I had this happen to me a couple of years ago, I was driving 75 and the car didn't feel or sound right so I started to slow down to try and find out what it was. Once I got the car under 55 the tire blew out. When I got out to change the tire I noticed the tread was only held on by a couple of inches of sidewall on the inside of the tire.

Just FYI, those tires that they are showing come apart look like re-treaded tires, like what most Semi Trucks purchase. Not saying that the date on the tires are not important but that article was on ABC (try to scare the crap out of you to get higher ratings) news.

Just FYI, those tires that they are showing come apart look like re-treaded tires, like what most Semi Trucks purchase. Not saying that the date on the tires are not important but that article was on ABC (try to scare the crap out of you to get higher ratings) news.

agreed, most tires have a life spam of 10 years from the date of manufacturing.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived