Front Bumper From A Gmc, To My New Silverado,

I hate paint on bumpers and never will understand why they do that. Rocks are deff leaving an impression on the thin paint. So anyways other then me just being old school, i'd love to see chrome come back to be the front bumper. Can i take a bumper from a GMC and throw it on the new style silverado/? Just wondering. Thanks,,,

dave

A friend's company does a lot of work for Toyota, Honda, Mitsubishi, Nissan, Ford, etc. . He was making brush guards for one of them and there was a bunch of testing and concern over the air bag sensors in the front clip. Apparently, changing stuff up there changes the dynamics of the timing of the air bags. So, I don't change anything up there by putting on brush guards, etc..

Yeah, i'm an idiot,,lol i just looked at the gmc trucks yesterday night and saw there was a slight difference. But those caps wouldnt be bad,,,,,,,,,,, or could i possibly throw on a HD bumper ??

HD bumper would look good.

Looking at pictures of the front-ends of the 1500's and the 2500's, the end-caps seem to be bigger on the 2500 Silverado vs. the 1500 Silverado. There are probably other differences, too. But, that was the first thing I noticed. The end-caps look taller / bigger on the 2500.

we'll according the the chevy body shop,, i just called a lil while ago. And they said the bumper was in 3 pieces. 2 ENDcaps and they should go right on w/ out anyproblem. No extra bolting or anything to mess w/. i might have to go by later tonight to take a measurement to see how far down they go vs what i have,, 274 for one side, or 399 for both w/ fog lights out the door.

I'd be surprised if the HD endcaps fit. They look a lot bigger than the ones on the 1500s. But that's just looking at them, I haven't measured or anything. Let us know what you find out. I was contemplating getting mine chromed, but I think I'm going to eventually put a brush guard on the front. Chrome bumper, chrome guard, and chrome caps would just be a little too much for me.

If you silvy guys can wait a year, I heard they are replacing the bumper on the HD's to one like on the Sierra's (one piece chrome). I am betting it will also fit the 1/2 tons.

This link says 2010, but it may have been pushed back to the 2011 model year. Not sure?

http://www.pickuptrucks.com/html/2010/gm/s...underneath.html

Archived