The airbag warning light on certain 2021 Chevrolet Silverado / Tahoe / Suburban, GMC Sierra / Yukon or Cadillac Escalade models may illuminate for seemingly no reason. GM engineering is working on tracking down the issue and is engineering a fix.
Technical Document Number: #PIT0599
Release Date: 11/17/2020
Technical Document #PIT0599 Applies To:
- 2021 Chevrolet Silverado / HD
- 2021 Chevrolet Tahoe / Suburban
- 2021 GMC Sierra / HD
- 2021 Cadillac Escalade
- 2021 GMC Yukon / Yukon XL
#PIT0599 Reported Conditions
- Airbag lamp Illuminated on the Driver’s Information Center / Gauges
- The following error codes may be set: B0001 or B0002
#PIT0599 – How To Fix
There is no fix at this time. GM Engineering is in fact gathering mode and has advised technicians on how to diagnose the condition and send back what they find to GM engineering. GM has advised technicians they may have to remove the entire steering column and send it back to GM engineering. Once a “root cause” has been determined a fix will be issued.