Now in the third year of production, the next generation GMC Sierra is getting mild updates for the 2021 model year.
Here’s what’s new, changed, and discontinued from the Sierra 1500 lineup.
Looking for the Sierra HD? Check out our 2021 GMC Sierra HD Guide.
2021 GMC Sierra / 2021 GMC Sierra Denali Updates
Here’s the highlights of what GMC changed in this new model year for the Sierra & Sierra Denali
- Three new colors: Hunter Metallic, Cayenne Red Tintcoat & Ebony Twilight Metallic
- (QT3) Manual tailgate function with lift assist retired- replaced with similar tailgate that has power lock and drop.
- Wireless Android Auto and Apple CarPlay
- 2WD standard bed / crew cab model no longer available
2021 Sierra – Features Being Retired
GMC edits models from year to year. Sometimes colors, features, and options are discontinued. Most of the time you can find new features below that replace options that are no longer offered. For 2021, here’s the features no longer available on the GMC Sierra.
- (A52) Front 40/20/40 split-bench seat
- (G2X) Deep Mahogany Metallic
- (GPJ) Red Quartz Tintcoat exterior paint
- (GS6) Smokey Quartz Metallic
- (GCI) Carbon Black Metallic
- (QT3) Manual tailgate function with lift assist
- (MCY) Single USB Port
- (PDP) Denali Premium Package
- TC10743 2WD Standard Bed Crew model deleted
2021 Sierra New Features
Most features or colors that have been discontinued are replaced by updated colors or features. Here’s what’s new in the Sierra for 2021.
- (GB8) Ebony Twilight Metallic exterior paint
- (GSK) Cayenne Red Tintcoat exterior paint
- (GED) Hunter Metallic exterior paint
- (GNK) Brownstone Metallic
- (RGE) Safety Essentials Package
- (RFX) X31 Off-Road and Protection Package: includes (X31) Off-Road Package, (CGN) spray-on bedliner and (RIA) All-weather floor liners, LPO
- (BKF) Premium Front floor liners with removable carpet inserts
- (BKE) Premium Rear floor liners with removable carpet inserts
- (QFV) Tires, LT265/60R20 MT blackwall Goodyear Wrangler Territory
- (VXW) LPO, AT4 high clearance step
- (SES) LPO, 22″ (55.9 cm) Multi-spoke Polished wheels
- Wireless Phone Projection, for Apple CarPlay and Android Auto on (IOS) and (IOT) Audio systems
2021 GMC Sierra 1500 Changes
Every model year GMC makes small changes to certain options, features, and package groups. Here’s what’s changed in the 2021 Sierra from last year.
- Double Cab models not available on SLT and AT4
- (PDU) SLE Value Package consisting of (PCQ) SLE Convenience Package, (G80) Auto-locking rear differential, and (Z82) Trailering Package is standard on SLE
- (PDE) Elevation Value Package consisting (PCR) Elevation Convenience Package, (G80) Auto-locking rear differential and (Z82) Trailering Package is standard on Elevation
- (A50) Bucket seats are available as an option on Elevation
- (PCP) AT4 CarbonPro Edition wheels may be upgraded to (NZQ) 20″ 6-spoke Carbon Grey painted aluminum wheels with (QFV) LT265/60R20 MT blackwall Goodyear Wrangler Territory tires
- (U2K) Sirius XM Radio is standard on 3SA and 3SB
- (AE7) Front 40/20/40 split-bench with covered armrest storage is standard on 1SA
- (QK2) GMC MultiPro Tailgate is now available on 3SA and 3SB
- (HVH) Dark Walnut / Slate is no longer available on Elevation Trim
- (BKE) and (BKF) Premium floor liners now standard on AT4
- (UVN) Bed View Camera is no longer available as free flow and is included and only available with (CWM) Technology Package
- (CF5) Sunroof is not available on 3SA and 3SB
- (NHT) Max Trailering Package with (L84) 5.3L EcoTec3 V8 engine is “Available for (SRE) sold order types only”