Chevrolet is significantly upping their midsize truck game with the all-new 2023 Colorado pickup.
2023 Chevy Colorado – What You Need To Know
- All new from the ground up for Model Year 2023
- Only offered in crew cab and short box body style
- Wheel Bolt patterns shared with full-size trucks / Silverado
- Three 2.7L turbocharged engine options – 237 horsepower to 310 horsepower
- Five Model Options: WT, LT, Z71, Trail Boss & ZR2
- WT/LT/Z71 Will Use a “Standard Suspension”
- Trail Boss Will Have a 2-inch lift, ZR2 a 3-inch lift – Both have 3-inch+ wider stance
- “Desert Boss” Package for ZR2 will add beadlock rims & other accessories
- New Interior Comes With “Google Built-In” & 11.3-inch infotainment screen
- LED Lighting on Z71 and ZR2
- Built In Tailgate Storage
- Production Begins in 2023
2023 Colorado Walkaround
Three 2.7L Engine Options
The 2023 Colorado will drop its current engine lineup and move exclusively to three 2.7L four-cylinder options. All three share most of the same parts but differ in power output.
WT and LT trucks come standard with the base 2.7L engine, producing 237-horsepower and 259 lb-ft of torque. Z71 and Trail Boss models are optioned with the “2.7L Turbo Plus”, which increases horsepower up to 310 and torque to 390 lb-fts. The ZR2 takes things one step further with the “2.7L Turbo High-Output”, producing 310 horsepower and an amazing 430 lb-ft of torque.
The standard engine will be rated to tow up to 3,500lbs. The Plus and HO engines will tow 7,700lbs.
Chevrolet engineers claim there are no mechanical differences between the HO and Plus engines and only slight changes between the standard 2.7L.
Colorado ZR2 Returns & Adds The Desert Boss Package
The ZR2 returns with big upgrades for the new model. Among the changes and new features:
- Unique Artemis interior color with Strike-colored accents and ZR2 badging, as
well as unique rotary control trim.
- Additional standard content includes heated front seats, eight-way power driver’s seat and more.
- Spray-on bedliner
- Newly designed, high-clearance front fascia, including cut-out corners and the
Chevrolet “Flow Tie”
- LED lighting
- Modified front and rear bumpers for better approach and departure angles and
off-road obstacle clearance
- 17-inch wheels with 33-inch-diameter mud/terrain tires
- Segment-exclusive Multimatic DSSV dampers
- Special cast-iron control arms
- Selectable front and rear electronic locking differentials
- Modified rear axle with a 3.42 ratio
- Aluminum skid plate to protect the radiator and engine oil pan and a transfer
- Rocker panel protection
And if the ZR2 just isn’t enough…Chevrolet is bringing another upgrade package – The ZR2 Desert Boss. This optional package includes:
- 17-inch beadlock-capable wheels
- Off-road bumper and front fascia
- Sports bar with Sail Panel
- Roof-mounted light bar
- Underbody camera
- Unique “Desert Boss” decals and black emblems
2023 Colorado – All New Interior
The new Colorado will also upgrade to GM’s newest infotainment system, using “Google Built-In”. That means a big increase in screen size, up to 11.3-inches. The new system is android auto and apple carplay compatible.
Chevy also lists a number of other highlights:
- All-new center console with the shifter moved to the right-hand side for easier,
more intuitive access to the drive mode selector, new segment-first electronic
parking brake, front USB ports and front storage
- A new friction hinge on the console lid ensures the lid will stay open at any angle
- Convenient front row and rear row cross-car cupholders
- Extra-large wireless phone-charging pad
- Available dual-zone climate control and rear-seat air conditioning vents
- Exclusive red or yellow seat belts are available for Z71 and ZR2.
- Colorado-first available sunroof on 4WD LT, Z71 and ZR2