GMC will team up with American Expedition Vehicles to produce the Sierra AT4X AEV Edition – A trail hardened version of the already capable Sierra AT4X.
We first captured what appeared to be an upgraded Sierra AT4X just last week. Today, GMC is pulling the cover off of the new truck and it looks to be packed with useful and exciting upgrades. We expect most of these parts to make their way onto the Silverado ZR2 Bison, as well.
GMC Sierra AT4X AEV Edition Features
- AEV stamped steel front and rear bumpers with heavy-duty recovery points and winch capability
- Five hot-stamped boron steel skid plates (front approach, steering gear, transfer case, fuel tank and rear differential)
- Unique, race-inspired, laser-engraved 18-inch AEV Salta wheels in gloss black finish with AEV’s signature recessed valve system for added protection from rocks on the trail
33-inch Goodyear Wrangler Territory MT tires
- Updated front grille and fascia to accommodate the new bumper and larger tires, gloss black door handles and a black contrast inner tailgate
- Exclusive AEV branding throughout the vehicle, including on bumpers, embroidered head rests and all-weather floor liners
- Available off-road rocker panel protectors to help shield the sills and frame rails and an optional bolt-on step assist when not off-roading
“The Sierra 1500 AT4X is an incredibly formidable platform when it comes to on- and off-road performance and capability,” said AEV CEO and founder Dave Harriton. “We took our signature approach to help elevate this truck’s inherent off-road capability to the next level. We are confident customers will love the result.”
“GMC has been a pioneer in the premium off-road space and this Sierra 1500 AT4X AEV Edition raises the bar yet again,” said GMC Global Vice President Duncan Aldred. “Our customers want an uncompromising combination of on-road technology and off-road capability. Leveraging GMC’s unwavering dedication to providing premium trucks and American Expedition Vehicles’ expertise in engineering and integrating performance-driven parts and accessories, this truck provides extreme capability, technology and comfort.”