The 2022 XT-5 is getting a big brake upgrade on Sport Models, among other 2022 model year changes that we preview right now.
Details on the changes that Cadillac is making to the 2022 XT-5 are making their way into the public domain. While most of the additions and changes are related to available colors and what the seat fabric is officially called- one new upgrade caught our eye. Standard Brembo Brakes on the XT-4 Sport AWD. This past year we installed Brembo brakes on our 2019 Silverado and it made a significant difference. We expect this upgrade brake package on the XT-5 to be equally impressive.
Every year Cadillac makes small changes to their models. They can include the colors the vehicle can be ordered in or specific features that will be added or subtracted. In this article, we’re going to take a look at the 2022 XT-5 and what’s new for this model year.
2022 XT-5 model preview in three parts:
- Features and options that are no longer being offered
- Features and options that are totally new for 2022
- Features and options that are being changed for the new model year
Features No Longer Available On The 2022 XT-5
- Exterior color (GJI) Shadow Metallic
- Exterior color (GLR) Garnet Metallic
- Near Field Communication (NFC) mobile device pairing
- (WH6) Floor mounted cargo net, LPO
- (Q6Q) 20″ 12-Spoke alloy wheels with Pearl Nickel finish
New Features On The 2022 XT-5
- Exterior color (G5D) Latte Metallic (available at extra charge)
- Exterior color (GCK) Rosewood Metallic (available at extra charge)
- (B37) Floor mats, color-keyed, all rows
- (Q71) 20″ 12-Spoke alloy wheels with Pearl Nickel finish (standard on Sport only)
- (J56) Front Brembo brakes. Front and rear Red painted calipers (standard on Sport only)
Package & Feature Changes On The 2022 XT-5
- Leatherette seats changed to Inteluxe seats
- (PDT) Onyx Package, LPO is now RPO Code (PDB)
- (JL9) 4-wheel antilock, 4-wheel vented disc brakes no longer available on Sport (replaced with standard [J56] Front Brembo brakes)