The Cadillac #LYRIQ is the brand’s first all-electric vehicle and is styled like a crossover. It will go on sale next year and mark a clear shift for Cadillac vehicles for years to come. Here are all of the details, including how much it will cost.
What is the Cadillac LYRIQ?
The LYRIQ (pronounced “lyric”, as in music lyrics) is the very first all-electric vehicle that Cadillac will sell. Eventually, the brand will move entirely electric. That’s what makes the LYRIQ so important. Not only is this a new type of vehicle for Cadillac but it sets the tone for the entire brand for years to come.
“Throughout the next decade, Cadillac will define the future of luxury transportation through a series of exciting new electric vehicles, and it all begins with LYRIQ,” said Rory Harvey, vice president, Global Cadillac. “The 2023 Cadillac LYRIQ’s stunning design and artfully integrated technology combined with GM’s Ultium Platform will deliver a high-performance luxury experience unlike anything that has come before it, setting a new standard for Cadillac.”
From the outside, the LYRIQ is low slung, modernly styled, and unmistakably Cadillac. The interior shares a very close resemblance to the current 2021 Escalade, which is a good thing. It’s beautiful, works well, and very functional.
The Cadillac LYRIQ is powered not by a traditional gas engine, but by GM’s all-new Ultium battery system, comprised of 12 modules that have a capacity of 100 kilowatt-hour. It will have one motor and can travel over 300 miles on a single charge. For reference, the GMC HUMMER EV Truck, which also uses the Ultium system, has 24 modules and a capacity of over 22 kilowatt-hour, but also weighs much more.
What features does the Cadillac LYRIQ have?
- Comes in two exterior colors: Satin Steel Metallic or Stellar Black Metallic
- Two Interior colors: Sky Cool Gray and Noir
- AKG Studio 19-speaker audio system with headrest speakers
- 33-inch diagonal LED display for the gauge cluster and infotainment system
- Slim LED headlamps
- KeyPass digital (phone-based) access
- Standard 20-inch wheels, 22-inch optional
- Next-generation active noise cancellation
- Next-generation variable regen on-demand, activated through a pressure-sensitive paddle on the wheel
- 12-module Ultium Battery System
- Available Super Cruise
- DC Fast Charing will allow drivers to ad 76 miles of range in about 10 minutes or 195 miles of range in one hour
- 240v home charging can add 31 miles of range per hour
- Permanent magnet motor produces 340-horsepower and 325 lb-ft of torque
- A base curb weight of 5,610lbs- which is more than a full-size Silverado.
How much does the Cadillac LYRIQ cost?
The 2023 Cadillac LYRIQ will start production in early 2022 and is priced starting at $59,990 including destination fees.
Cadillac will begin marketing the 2023 LYRIQ on April 23rd during the Oscars.