Chevrolet is ready to race the 2021 Colorado. Like, really ready to race. This week in fact. The new face for the Colorado mid-size truck will make its public debut October 10th during the 2019 Method Race Wheels Laughlin Desert Classic and will be driven by Hall Racing. Here’s a sneak peek at the all new face of the Colorado.
Chevrolet also gave us a showing of the production 2021 ZR2 that will debut in one month at the 2019 SEMA Show in Las Vegas. Check back with us in November for our first hand take at the new ZR2 when we visit the SEMA Show. Anyways, let’s take a look at the changes.
What’s new with the 2021 Colorado?
First off, the changes so far seem to be cosmetic and packaging only. No new features or changes in specs have been announced yet. However, the exterior has been warmed over to bring it in line with the Silverado’s front end, without breaking the bank on a full redesign (which is expected in the 2023-2024 MY time frame).
Here’s the announced 2021 changes.
- New front end appearance for ZR2 model. Only Colorado model to have “Flow-through Chevrolet Fascia”.
- WT, LT, and Z71 trim levels will receive updated center bars, lower fascias, and new front skid plates.
- WT and LT will feature “all-new” gold Chevy bowties while the Z71 trim is adorned with a black bowtie.
- All models receive embossed ‘Chevrolet” tailgates and ditch the traditional bowtie on the rear of the vehicle.
- A new “Sand Dune Metallic” will be offered on Z71 and ZR2 models only.
What do you think about the new face of the Colorado? Post in our forum and let us know.